Here It Is... 60 Days

So here I am… 60 days sober… my longest time without a drink in 6-7 years.

I’ve been counting down to this number, but now that it’s here I feel disconnected to it. It doesn’t feel as big as it should.

I’ve been doing so much to actively work my sobriety. I’ve been reading, watching and listening to everything I can get my hands on to educate myself, keep my motivation and focus in place and to connect with this process. I’ve been working to connect with others going through recovery. I’m working with my therapist and on my own toward my spiritual and emotional growth. I’m aggressively working on my physical health and to heal my body and brain from the ravages I put them through. I’m working so hard at this. But, here I am, feeling numb toward it.

How can I be so proud of all of you when reading about the minutes, hours, days, months, years as you’re caging the monster, but I can’t do it for myself?

15 Likes

@MrsJones. Congratulations It’s hard to love ourselves. How long did you have to drink to tolerate life,the world, and yourself? Give it time you are doing the work to fix it it will happen. Good job getting to this point and stay in the fight.

5 Likes

Congrats!!! 60 days is a big deal…as is each day we succeed in being sober. I felt the same way at 30 days and 60 days. I think for me it was because when I started, the thought of 7 days was mind boggling. I honestly feel that sometimes we reach our milestones and they aren’t as “grand” as we imagined because we’ve made our daily lives better. At 60 days, you’ve had 59 successful days - no matter how hard or easy any of those days have been. It’s almost like a birthday…turning whatever age (milestone or not) sometimes feels no different from any other day. Congrats again :grin:!

4 Likes

Congratulations!

So many of us went through something like that near a milestone. Keep going and doing good things for yourself. Your feelings will change and you will feel connected to recovery again.

2 Likes

Sometimes the big milestones are hard. You’re doing great!!

1 Like

Congratulations, you SHOULD be really proud of yourself… I know I’m proud of you!

Just keep working on yourself like you have, build up your self-respect and learn to love YOU. I’m sure it gets better as time goes by. After so many years of neglecting ourselves we usually end up in ruins, but since you’re here and you’re doing this incredible work you’re giving yourself a chance and not giving up. Just set your mind to the goal of looking at yourself a little differently, more positively.

It might sound like a cliché, but tell yourself everyday what you should be proud of.

Sky✨

2 Likes

I always feel down right before or at a milestone as if I think I haven’t worked hard enough. As addicts…more, more, more. We will over-do and over-think everything. You are doing a ton of great things but you need to add some healthy fun in there too…balance. Take a day trip, go get a dessert, have a spa night at home, etc. Sobriety isn’t all serious work.

1 Like

Awesome @ Mrs Jones! All of you are an inspiration! Day 14 for me. Keep the good vibes coming!

1 Like

Thank you all so much for sharing the love with me yesterday! Every one of your comments helped to turn my thinking around a bit.

I love how similar we all are. You guys just understand my crazy! Lol

1 Like

Try treating yourself at your next milestone @MrsJones - you’ll have saved enough to reward yourself for the hard work you’re putting in, and you deserve it!

1 Like