Here to stay, 120days

Hi beautiful fellows and fellas.

You are awesome!
An inspiration to stay in the game.
Needless to say the sober game.

Today is really it 120 days sober of all substances. I quit drinking one week after kickin the ganja. So it always feels I am trailing one week after another.

Sobriety gave me so much, most off all it gave me the strength to bare with life as it comes.

I have some people her who really inspire me shout out to @crystalclear @Swam and offcourse @anon12657779 and so many more. I could keep tagging along.

I also recently took a leap of faith starting to share my writing on Instagram. to be frank would love it if you follow me! :crossed_fingers:t2::heart: @wordswithmovr

Have a great day fellows!

15 Likes

120 days is incredible. Well done! I’m on 7. Hopefully be where you’re at as long as I stay strong. Followed you man :+1:

1 Like

Ahh! Mario you hero you.
Congratulations on 120 days my friend.
That for me, was hard won! And you deserve to be proud of this. I’m proud of you.

Yes mate, this is it. This is what it’s all about. We have to learn to cope with the trials and tribulations of live without using, but I’ve always found that this is so much better than drowning it out and having to live with the guilt, shame, anger, frustration and anxiety that drinking brings with it.
Keep racking up this 24 hours Mario.
It is so totally worth it.

1 Like

Thnx seany! 7 days… I had to leave my country to get to the first 7 days without my doc. You use the word strong and on one hand that is the case. From another perspective I only started to heal when I stopped being strong, I surrendered I gave in I couldn’t bare myself being strong any more. Since the only thing is was strong at was using, abusing, manipulation and being a selfish F.

Thnx for the following bro!
It’s mostly Dutch but I’ll start working on English. It is kinda difficult to put my soul in it since not native tongue.

3 Likes

Thnx Geoff you the boss man! I wish to speak wisdom just as much as you one day. I salute you.

1 Like

Well done Mario, the 3 months milestone was the hardest milestone for me to reach and you are there now! Congratulations! :facepunch: :tada:
tenor-1

1 Like

I know what you mean, but it seems to me the real strength is having the courage to surrender and accept that we can’t continue on the way we were living. Respect man :facepunch:

2 Likes

Hey darling!!

It’s ironic you get inspiration from me , because honestly, you have helped me so much. 120 days is brilliant!!! You have done so well, and being on day 8 and how amazing and scary and awful and wonderful it’s been, I cant even imagine 120 days.

BUT

You give me hope to keep pressing on. You give me courage to try and do better no matter how many times I fall. You and everyone else on here makes me feel like I matter and I cant even explain the impact that has.

So well dont sober soldier! Keep being you!!!

:heart::heart::v::v:

2 Likes

Congratulations.u are killing it well done u give others hope xx

1 Like

*4 months and I forgot to tag you offcourse! You were there when I posted about my wall and all.

Nothing personal but just a f’d up brain!

2 Likes

Just read back this post, and that is what inspires! The awakening of a fella you amaze me :heart:

1 Like

Man, huge congrats! You are one of the “newer” people that I love reading. You have made a choice and you are following through with that choice. I think this is a hard thing for a lot of people to realize, that this is what it takes. No matter how hard it is, it’s as simple as that.

3 Likes

I’m at 120 today too! LET’S GO!!! Have a great Sober Monday everyone!

4 Likes

Well done on 120 days had the pleasure of speaking at a meeting in your country a couple years ago wish you well

3 Likes

Again, you make me humble!

3 Likes

I find @Meggers has a way with words that makes her advice very humbling as it always hits home.xx

2 Likes

And she kinda says that about me that’s just crazy right :joy:

2 Likes

Isn’t it just keep shining bright:partying_face:

1 Like

@Lilemm and @ThajokerNL, I don’t say shit I don’t mean. :sunglasses:

Haha, someone told me I was a shaman or guru in my past life, I just laughed and told him to get the fuck out.

2 Likes

He/she wasn’t on this forum yet I guess :joy: