Heroin detox soon... help?

Relapsed about 2 weeks ago on H. Out of a 13 or so day period ive used 7 days and mostly consecutively. I have only used H a couple times before making it a main drug of choice of mine and was mostly using pills. My habit had become about a dime bag and a half to two and one half dime bags a day, snorted. I am going into detox soon and then rehab soon but I would like to know anything that may prepare for possible withdrawals. Im going to taper myself until i go into detox on monday or tuesday (gonna get a call when a bed opens up) so yes, ill still be using about another 4 days or so. I would just like to know if anybody could tell me how severe or not severe it may be?

Other information includes my weight which is 115 pounds i am not sure if the weight contributes to anything but Ive heard smaller people can get much more severe withdrawal

thank you!

It’s going to suck, really bad. It’s worth it, so stay strong. Your going into detox so that is going to help but be ready. I don’t know about the weight issues. I don’t know a single user who didn’t say it was one of if not the most brutal experience of their life. We are here for you ! You can do this and you’ll be better for it.

3 Likes

I’m in a meeting right now but will chime in later.

English is super knowledgeable about this. Im calling him the Opioid Yoda now. He will undoubtedly drop some great knowledge along with everyone here. Search the forum ( the little magnifier up top) put in key words ex: opioid detox, pills, withdrawal. Read the stories, take it in and keep asking for help.

2 Likes

Becareful trying to get clean before rehab… ive seen friends of mine go to rehab to take a piss test to be told they are not high or need help when really they really did but couldnt afford to get high anymore…

2 Likes

I need a name for you ! But really though, you’ve helped so much Donnie :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the honesty and advice, and of course, the kind words. I’m going to keep reaching out and doing this right

2 Likes

I’ve been to 9 rehabs and between them, jail and white-knuckling at home I’ve detoxed from heroin 50+ times. And every one of them sucked. Depending upon where you go you’ll get some basic meds to try to ease the sufferingand possibly a 3-5 day regimine of suboxone which helps but you have to know going in that it will be tough but it does get better eventually depending on how bad you want it. I have 4 months clean tomorrow and it took me 21 years to actually get these 4 months of actual recovery not abstinence. Continuing to use will NOT ever improve your situation so look at is as a bump in the road for a much better life. Detox sucks, there’s no powder coating it but you can do it.

4 Likes

thank you got being real and CONGRATS on the months you hsve clean! Youve been through a lot and i feel glad that youre still with us on this forum and sending me your thoughts. good luck and best wishes!

1 Like

So I’ve skimmed the replies and they seem pretty spot on.

If you haven’t never detoxed before it’s probably going to suck, even with a taper. Hopefully that’s a thing where you are going. I’ve used 6 day tapers of both Suboxone and Subutex. I prefer Subutex, but that’s just a personal choice. Even with a taper you are going to have wd symptoms. Enter the comfort meds. In all the rehabs I’ve been to clonidine and vistaril were the go to. They help with sleep and anxiety, which were terrible for me. For RLS I’ve always used cogentin, but there’s a lot of different options.

Since you are going to a center you may as well get checked out by the psych doctor. I did so many drugs for so long that I have long term mental health issues (hooray I’m crazy!). It seems like your last run was pretty short so you may have it a lot easier than I just described or you might not.

Drink lots of water and shit often. Bowel movements are actually crucial those first couple weeks. If you have the option just stay in bed the first couple of days, but by day 4 you should try and get some exercise.

Hit me up if you have any questions. I’ve been dope free for about 190 days so it is possible. And I was shooting a lot the last couple years…

5 Likes

It’s different for everyone, and it depends how H you did. I’ve got 28 days clean and sober from heroin and 6 days off subbox. My mornings consists of watery eyes and chills, big yawns and trying to keep warm, this last for about 15 -30 min. But after that I’m good, I take Cbd/THC to help with the subs DTs

@deadboon did you go through with it? I understand you may still be feeling pretty shitty but let us know how it’s going.

You’re making the right decision by going to a detox and rehab. I’ve been to rehab multiple times myself and if I was ready I would have taken advantage of it. I went to Glenbeigh in Rock Creek Ohio. Great place! I think everyone has pretty much explained the withdrawal symptoms to you.
As for rehab though. They will get you on a set schedule. Dont fight it! Just do what your supposed to do. And listen to what they’re telling you. It’s only to benefit you ya know. I fought every step of the way when I was there. Didnt want to talk in group, didnt want to go to the seminars, didnt want to go to meetings. So take the easier softer way and just do it lol. Take advantage of the knowledge there going to be giving you. You’ll meet some great people and not so great people. So stick with the winners, the ones that actually want to be there and be sober. Negativity is easy to come by in rehab and that can get you down really quick and have a bad attitude… I dont know how the phone works at your rehab, but mine we couldnt make calls for a few days. Then we had to buy a calling card to call out when we were able to. So you may want to take a few bucks with you if possible… and I must throw this out there. Rehab relationships are no good. That person is just as sick as you are, if not worse. So stay away lol! Give yourself a chance to work on you for a bit. I promise you won’t regret it! Hope this helps!

Grit your teeth and plant ur feet, that’s the most important thing, take note of just how horrible you feel the first week or so and make a really clear mental image of it to draw on when you feel like using again and its gonna be the only thing you can think about for a few days. Just hold on tight and the ride will be over soon, and life starts to get so much better once it is. Dont try to sneak anything in rehab, respect the staff and the other addicts and be open and share how ur feeling, scream and cuss it out in na meeting and on here, you can do it and we can help ur facility guide you along the way, any questions just throw em up in here and you will get a wealth of knowledge from different viewpoints I promise! Best of luck my friend, were rooting for u!

It sucks so bad! Like worse than you can imagine. But it’s so worth it. I’m excited for you! I’ve been clean since December

1 Like

I’m on the same boat as you, currently on Methadone also… I’m thinking of detoxing from both the heroin & Methadone but I’m terrified…