Heroin......So hard to give up!

Is anyone struggling to quit Heroin!? Well, I am! Even though I just lost full custody of both of my kids…I still can’t stop! Even though I’m on suboxone to help with withdrawal and cravings…I still can’t stop! I don’t want to be stuck in this endless cycle anymore!!! Someone help me…PLEASE!!!

2 Likes

I’m going to assume your high right now. Don’t answer because if your kids are involved perhaps child services could be monitoring your social activity. So then assuming your high. The first thing you need to understand is that the effect is not working for you anymore. It’s not numbing your problem or you wouldn’t be crying out for help. Your giving it less power by acknowledging this and at the same time admitting your defeat. This is something that worked pretty well in my last days drinking and using. I did allot of heroin in prison. It was better than meth being as I was stuck in a 10’x8’box. When I would have to kick in there it hurt. Didn’t have suboxone or methadone. Had to eat lots of hard candy. The sugar helped allot. Jollly Ranchers detoxed us in prison.
I know it’s difficult but your children could sure use one last hard fight from you. I’m sure they’ll be cheering you on without even knowing. Think of the conversations they’ll have with you someday when they’re older and look back on this. Think of what an inspiration you’ll be to them. Build your strength through them and do it for yourself!

7 Likes

Hey Brandy, welcome :blush::wave:

Tagging in some UK ladies who are turning things around from heroin @Natnat @Lilemm

@Englishd and @anon13078412 are also former heroin users who are pretty active - if you use the :mag: search you will find other people too.

Sorry to hear about your kids, hope you find the thing that works for you soon :pray::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Just a reminder that there is a separate section for posting under the influence called Seeking Help :blush:

(See point 4 of the forum rules and guidelines)

1 Like

Hi IL help in and shape or form not a problem.:heart:

2 Likes

Hey bunbun oh darling my :heartbeat: is feeling your pain,I’ve been in the past on the brink of my mum having to take full custody of my kids,I’m an addict I always will be but today I’m a clean addict leaving a different life ,I was lower than lower junkie so there’s hope for us all,I’m steal i would manipulate,I was in and out of prison my body was a shell and I’d sell it to the hugest bidder for my next fix sweet,so please don’t give up yes your hurting but use the pain to turn it around I’m clean from a 20 year habit it took me that long to be truly done with it don’t let it take you that long please ,do what you need to do to get ya kids bk go up on your subutex use the help that is around you,na is inline ATM download zoom DM if you struggle to do this ,you are presented with a CHOICE a turning block in your life PLEASE DONT PASS IT BY GRAB ON AND HOKD ON FOR DEAR LIFE IT GETS EASIER AFTER TIME.contact if you are wanting a new way of life any support etc.

7 Likes

Hi hun…fellow opiate addict here. First I just want to say how incredibly brave it is for you to be so honest and to actually ask for help. I know for me that was one of the hardest parts about this journey. I found once I reached rock bottom that the only thing left for me to do was rehab. Which I was utterly terrified of, and I mean terrified!!! But I was lucky, I got into a state funded facility that was specifically for Mother’s who’d lost their way. They helped in reuniting Mother’s and children, worked alongside Dcfs. And there are more facilities out there just like this one. I know from personal experience what you are going through and I know how hard it is to deal with. But you can do this and there are a plethora of different organizations out there willing to help. You just have to have the courage to give it your all. I never thought I would be able to put any sober time together, the opiates had such a strong hold on me (15 years) and now I just celebrated 1year sober on March 27th. Having a strong sponsor is key as well. Trust me when I tell you, if I can do this, so can you!! I’m here anytime if you just want to talk or you have any questions. I promise you, sobriety feels so much better than a dose, as hard as it is to believe, its true!! So much love to you and your little ones​:heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

And to offer a ray of hope and light … I lost custody of my children as well, and rightfully so. But after being sober and cultivating a good relationship with my caseworker, I’m about to be reunited with them. It gets better, it gets better, it gets better!!!

6 Likes

Sorry I ñot message sooner . How are you feeling today x u can beat this I never thought I’d get off heroin but a year later I’m still clean. It’s hard work but so worth it I lost everything like u … my kids hated me I had no home or future but today thanks to working a 12 steps programme I got my kids home life and much more . Please inbox me if u ever want to chat x

4 Likes

It’s so heart breaking what some particles of dust can do. But keep fighting. I have been battling for a long time and finally saw a glimpse of light. To stop I used 3 days of small doses of methadone, then sleeping pills for 3 days and than did Ibogaine which really changed my life but to each there own. No matter what you do, don’t give up, the world needs you.

1 Like