Heroin withdrawl

Does anyone have any cold turkey advice for heroin wd? How long does it last?

2 Likes

I don’t have any advice, other than “hang in there.” You can do it, yes you can!!!

1 Like

Thank you im on day 5 I work and go to school and I feel like a zombie I cant sleep and I’m so lazy and depressed beyond measure I dont know what to do thank you for responding!

1 Like

Think of it as the pain of getting well. The pain of loving yourself enough. Keep swimming.

2 Likes

Thank you i wish I could stop crying it’s the mental part that’s the worst!!

3 Likes

I do know that heroin like speed which is what i am withdrawing from makes you so unmotivated and depressed due to the low dopamine levels after the high wears off. It is so fing hard to feel happy about anything but slowly it returns, i watch motivational videos on you tube and meditation videos that naturally increases dopamine levels. Not sure if this will help you but just wanted to share. Hang in there it WILL GET BETTER

2 Likes

I wouldnt advise cold turkey as you will risk a high rate of relapse. I did a fast sub taper for a week or two and has been the easiest ive ever came off of herion. And never more then 2mg a day. Id advise looking for some on the street or find a doctor. Have you done this before? Symtoms will last out toward 10 days if your habit has been going on for years and or you are doing large amounts of it

1 Like

THANK YOU! what type of videos do you watch? I feel like I can’t even move it is horrible, how Manny days are you in? I’m so depressed

I’m scared to withdrawl from the sub I’ve done it before I have 2 8mg suns but I’m scared…

Just take small amounts you will feel some withdrawl symptoms at first but its bareable… after 7 days i was feeling pretty good last piece was so tiny i hardly tasted it. I made 8mg last 10 days

I’m already on day 5 though is it work worth it?

how many days are you now? When were you able to sleep?

Cold turkey? If you take any id take a very small piece if it gets too bad. If u can push thru more power to you. The people hooked on subs are on maintinance and take too much to begin and are on it more then a month . Just traces of sub for a week or two will not give u any withdrawls

Im on day 11 now sleep is OK i get 4-6 hrs …

1 Like

I’m pushing I’m done fucking up I did so god for so long and messed up again , do you take anything to sleep? What do you do to fight boredom? The hours drag on, do you get depressed?

1 Like

Yes cold turkey, I did 5 days messed up now I’m on 5 days again.

Ive acually been taking a ssri cymbalta to help with depression and i take nothing to sleep.

I have to take benzos you sleep but I’m doing a trapper off that… I’ve been here before I’m so mad I did this to myself again seriously I quit adderall heroin smoking and benzos wht did i do this to myself I seriously am so mad at myself

You can do it ive done the cold turkey before for like 8 days i couldnt take it anymore. But even a small piece of sub will help if you desire to use…your doing good if you have came this far…keep it up!

Thank you i need to hear that cause right now I hate myself so much! All I do is cry I’m such a loser and feel worthless so thank you it means a lot!

2 Likes