Hey all I'm New

Hey all, im Jowie, just wanted to Introduce myself .
Sober 60 days, from drugs pills and alcohol .
Musician from LA, currently living in Oregon.
I’m kind of a nerd and love reading stuff.
Currently having a tough time getting through PAWS (real paws) I shake a lot and have decided to go through this without medications besides otc stuff like benadryl and melatonin as well as a few supplements.

Just looking to connect with a few new sober buddies, thanks all.
:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hey! Welcome! Congrats on 60 days! That’s pretty rad!!!

I’m also a musician, but I’m living near Seattle. But I’m from Seattle.

What sort of music do you do?

1 Like

Welcome Jowie, we’re glad you’re you found us. My DOC was pain pills and I too had a rough time with PAWS. Controlled breathing really helped me out a lot. When the cravings got out if control and it seemed like I was going to jump out of my own skin, I just had to stop thinking about it, step back and breath. Working out helped massively in the beginning as well. Between gym, meditation, breathing and talking to others, I was able to get noticeably better after about the third month.
I suggest read as much as you can here. Ask questions and NEVER CRAVE ALONE Before you do anything talk to someone or post here.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I work out 5 days a week usually, and have been doing the 4 7 8 breathing technique and meditating a few times a week. You’re right all of this does help a lot, thanks so much.

I play all types of music on drums but mainly write METAL and rock on guitar,
Washington is pretty nice I was just there a month ago !!

Thanks for the support it means a lot

2 Likes

Hey there, congratulations on your 60 days that’s so awesome :+1::blush: you will find lots of cool sober buddies here, I look forward to hearing more about you, and good luck with the paws hope it eases soon. :blue_heart:

Well done @Jowieseff. Be proud of yourself.

Also it’s great to see you being proactive and doing the right things to help you stay sober.

Right on! I currently play guitar (and all other instruments) in a country-folk band. But also write/record music from metal to pop for fun.

Are you currently playing in a band?

Hey @Jowieseff. Welcome. Well done on the 60 day’s buddy, that’s great work.
I play guitar, badly, in a band.
I’m going to post something in a music thread we have. So you can have a read of that.
Great place, great people. Stick around.

1 Like

@Dejavu
That’s cool, are you guys playing shows at all ?
Actually haven’t been in a band all year since my relocation to Oregon, I live in a small town and have only met like 2 active musicians the whole time I’ve been here, lol.
But I’ve taken the time to just do a lot of writing on guitar which has been fun

@anon12657779 thanks man, I’d love to hear it !

1 Like

Not yet. We’ve been together for about 9 months. We’ve spent that time writing and recording demos. We plan on getting out there soon. Gonna start with open mic nights and go from there.

It’s hard to get active when there’s not a lot of musicians around. But the reality is, you dont need anyone else to have fun playing music.:wink:

2 Likes