Hey guys a bit of a catch up!

Hello! So I’m on 2 months and 4 days (woop)

Anyhows is here to talk panic, panic disorder, anxiety and panic attacks with a sprinkling of paranoia.

All this has come to light recently and especially since I have stopped drinking. I have always been an anxious person and somewhat the one who has full blown panic first in event of a crisis. However I never ever knew I was masking my illness through drinking. Actually I was surviving through alcohol to get by each and everyday.
Currently sober this problem has gotten the better of me and so much so I’m too paranoid to take medication which is something I desperately need. I have been referred to a psychiatrist for support however I’m not sure how I will tell my irrational brain I’m safe to take meds but that’s a different story.
I think what I’m trying to say it’s scary to think that we can hide behind our addictions so much that actually we don’t know our true self and when our true self comes out we then have to learn to look after that new person like a new born. I’m learning this myself and in my third decade I thought I was clued up who I was, how wrong I was and now I’m relearning everything from the bottom up.
Scary? Yup! Going to be worth it? I hope so!
So I suppose again even if when you get sober and you hit these rough patches (like me) try to stay strong!! It’s ok to ask for help, it’s ok to have scary things happen because it’s a new you re-emerging and then the amazing will happen (that’s what I hope!!)
Blessings to you all
VY xx

10 Likes

It will be worth it. I’m at 71 days and just discovering who I am for the first time in almost 20 years. Mostly good things but theres other things I’m going to have to work on. I’ve always had anxiety, and racing thoughts I cant control, but when I was younger I didnt really understand it(not that I do now). Feeling this way still beats the hangover and aftermath of a blackout any day so I’ll take it. And work on it. That’s all we can do. Good on you to express these feelings with us. Keep it up my friend!

4 Likes