Hey, hi. 4.15.2018

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Lea for sharing this, so many relatable insights, this made me smile for you today. You have true strength and support so many people here. You are one of the people here I find truely inspiring. Congratulations on the first year of the rest of your life, you deserve it so much :bouquet::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Well done @Lionfish on the year milestone! So fantastic to see people on TS making great changes… keep it going :grin:

2 Likes

Hey, Lea
Congratulations on your one year sober!! Wishing you many more.

I really enjoyed reading your post and can relate to it tremendously. I am so inspired by your story. Thankful for being on this forum and knowing beautiful souls like you.

2 Likes

One year is such a wonderful gift to give yourself and loved ones. Great great accomplishment! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story.

3 Likes

Hey Lea,
Congrats on a sober year and if I may compliment your perseverance through this past year. Sobriety is hard enough without the heavy burden of sadness and regret weighing you down. I hope that which burdens you becomes easier to carry as you move forward and that your life grows to be full of the happiness you seek.

6 Likes

@Lionfish Congrats! Beautiful story, truly! Thank you for sharing that with all of us. I wish you everything you ever dreamt of because you deserve it!

4 Likes

Wow.

Thank you for that amazing share and congratulations on your one year!!! Reading your story struck a lot of chords with me and reminds me that I’m not in this alone. I’ve always loved your input on here, but I feel even more love for you now. Thank you for being here❤️

4 Likes

Lea,

I am so thankful for your presence here and in my life I really this past year. The insights you have gained and shared with me and others here are such a gift. I know sometimes it seems as though life gets harder as we peel back that fear and those old insecurities - and now looking at the life we numbed is sometimes painful. But Lea - you show so much strength, beauty and grace even as you deal with the tough stuff. You show up to life now - and you have been and continue to be such an inspiration to me. Congratulations on this first year. Thank you for being you and for all you give to all of us. I love you so much…:heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations!!! That’s fantastic! @Lionfish

2 Likes

Great share Lea, thank you.

2 Likes

Happy birthday lady, you’re a great inspiration to me. You have a lovely view of life, and the shade your tree of positivity spreads is a beautiful respite from the negativity of the day.

Appreciate you, thanks for the share.

6 Likes

There are so many eloquent posts of congratulations and gratitude here! You’ve been an influence on me, Lea. I have loved watching you release your fear and build your faith. I’m so happy for your one year! Big hugs to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Lea,
Thank you for sharing this powerful and deeply personal story. You are truly a gift to this community and to all of us who you have supported on our own journeys here. Sincere congratulations on your 1 year accomplishment, and on making such progress in your quest for happiness for you and your children. You are so clearly loved by so many on here, and that is such an amazing testament to who you are.

7 Likes

Came for the experience, stayed for the strength and hope.

I’m having feelings right now so… I don’t really know what to say. (tries anyway)

You are one who has inspired me my whole short time here, through the sweat and the tears and the lols. This is no exception. :heart:

A-freaking-men, those waves keep coming. Fortunately the legs beneath are stronger now, steadier, even if salt can still get in the eye. And now something greater surrounds to wipe even that away.

Thank you for sharing this, Lea. You do 365 with grace! :ice_cream: :hugs:

6 Likes

First of all big congrats on your one year. Your story has many things to relate and ive thought about your recent post of feeling miserable of your absence in your kids life. Every day i remember something that breaks my heart. When alcohol was taking more & more space in my heart. But i also remember one therapist saying “the greatest gift you can give your children is your sobriety”. It is about the present and tomorrow,not past life. It is admitting that alcoholism is a serious lethal illness and weve suffered from it and made others suffer because of that. It is about forgiving yourself cause you were not You, you were sick. And it is all about fear, like you said. Life is full of different types of fears, i think recovering is learning to cope with them, the shame and to heal the deep wound our sickness has created. Warm thoughts, hugs on your big day. Be proud girl :clap::kissing_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Great share Lea, thank you for being here!
You have been a big inspiration to me and others here. You doing so well and if I can continue to be as strong as you going forward then I know we are going to make this work!
Thank you again. And congrats on the year :grinning:

5 Likes

Hey you. :slight_smile:

Lea your journey inspires me to continue on my journey. I know I tell you all the time but you’re such an incredible role model for everyone here and your boys. What a blessing you are, madam.

Im so proud you made your year milestone :slight_smile: I hope I can do it just as gracefully… If its possible :wink:

5 Likes

Congratulations Lea! You are so inspiring and I can relate to so much of what you share, especially regarding motherhood. I am proud of you!

2 Likes

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? If you ever needed evidence of the importance of your contributions just look at all the love for you here in this thread. You get what you give, Lea. Your sincere empathy is such an admirable quality and one that I try to emulate (without much effectiveness i might add).

Thanks for allowing us a window into your growth through all the adversity.

Thank you for shining your light here!

7 Likes