Hi all. New here

Hello! I am Heidi and new here. I am not sober yet. I joined because I know I’ve been drinking too much and need to stop. It’s been hard and a coping mechanism for me. As I sit here drinking vodka sodas. :weary: I don’t even know where to begin.

9 Likes

Welcome. Start minut by minut, hour by hour and day by day. Its hard, but you can do it :slightly_smiling_face:

Hiya Heidi, this is my second day here and so far 3days sober. It’s hard, exhausting but we can do it. We have to.

Welcome Heidi! This is second day here and my fourth day of being free from alcohol. This place is amazing, filled with lots of support, hope and inspiration. Feel free to reach out of you ever need to chat :heart:

2 Likes

I agree with @littlemisschatterbox. Dump out all alcohol you have in your house and reach out to people, look up meetings in your local area or zoom calls so you can get on your way to recovery.

Welcome Heidi. What helped me in the early days was reading a lot of other’s stories on this forum.

In the future, please be mindful of others. Posting under the influence is against the rules and your post will be moved to the seeking help section. Here is a link to the rules for reference.

Come here every day. Read, listen, learn, post. This is a good community. Welcome.

Welcome Heidi,
You’ve already taken the 1st step, literally
"Admited that we are powerless over alcohol and that are lives had become unmanageable "
That’s the best start for everyone.
My advice, reach out to someone you know (if any) that is in recovery.
They will not judge you.
They will help you in any way possible.
This IS The Way.
Mindfulness & Patience

I do apologize. I was sober. Just the one today and that is progress. I will refrain from mentioning alcohol in future posts.

1 Like

That is progress, Heidi. I’m really proud of you.
You can mention alcohol. Posting while drinking can be triggering so we encourage you to keep the focus on how you want to stop.
Keep up the hard work and keep reaching out for support. I don’t know anyone that’s been able to do this on their own. We’re all here for you.

1 Like

Hello Heidi,
I have also been drinking to much and need to stop. Day 1 again. First time I post anything here but have been reading for a while. :slight_smile:Nice to meet you!

1 Like