Hi, first time here!

Hi everyone! I guess it’s difficult for everyone to start telling how we get to this point, but reading all your stories is what has kept me strong these first days so I am going to do my bit. At the age of 13 I had my first dubious behaviors, not with addiction but with eating disorders, the fact is that at 25 I could leave it behind, or so I thought, a few months later I started smoking hashish daily, for more than 3 years now I have felt the emotional need to smoke to be able to be “okay” with myself or others. Always been struggling with depression but It’s getting worse, I don’t have friends anymore, I thought I always liked being alone, but I think it’s the constant fear that someone could know who I really am. I had suicidal thoughts daily when I used, I just quited because I knew if I followed this path it was going to end badly. Last Friday I made the decision, and damn … I have mixed feelings, I feel better emotionally, but I don’t know if I am capable of holding on indefinitely. Excuse me if I have grammar mistakes, English is not my first language. Thanks for reading me, lot of encouragement and love to you all!! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

8 Likes

Hello! Opening up about your story is the first step of improvement. It means you know where you are in life. For me, as a super hardcore smoker(almost 2 packs a day) of cigarretes and like 1.5-2 grams of marijuana it felt the same as you do now. But the first day I decided to quit I said I wanna build a new life. Started working out, a balanced diet and jogging in the evening. My confidence is slowly going up and my health also. Having a balanced lifestyle keeps your mind healthy also. Welcome, glad you are here!

2 Likes

It definitely gives me strength to know that there is someone else fighting and that they can take it, I know that there are many more people who have so much worse time, but as you say, we must find habits to cope with suffering or oveethinking and learn from what we went through, thank you very much for your words, sincerely! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Just a quick hi :grin:Your part of the bigger picture now, keep posting and let us know how your journey goes. Your not alone anymore and we know exactly what your going through so reach out in the hard times it’s what we do :v:

wrong tag but you get the point :rofl:

3 Likes