Hi, I am a recovering heroin addict I have one year and two months today

I’m really thankful there’s apps like this for support and recovery isn’t easy but it’s not as hard as active addiction, and it’s very rewarding, today is 3 years since my brother passed from heroin but I feel like he’s looking down on me feeling very proud of me I lost everything in addiction I wanted out so bad I never thought I could be where I am today. I don’t have any clean friends yet and going that will happen soon it’s a little lonely!

12 Likes

That’s awesome. Congrats on your sobriety! You’ll find friends eventually. Stay positive and be proud of your accomplishment.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!! I lost my brother to heroin as well…it sucks. I am sure your brother is proud of you and I am sure your family is very very happy that you are healthy!

That’s awesome, your brother is surely proud of you, congratulations, wishing you nothing but success as you go forward.

Can meet many clean and sober friends at meetings many are very friendly…so ive seen some post some meetings are gender specific if u prefer…im sure othes could help u find one in your area…

1 Like

Thank you for sharing:) i bet your Brother is proud of you . Getting out of addictions is not easy way but its well worth it. In this app you find friends and heavy good support, you are not alone . This is a great tool for you. I do wish u the best and please hang on to your willingness, fighting this. There is always hope.

You should be very proud of yourself and I bet your brother is proud of you as well. :sparkling_heart:

Good shit!!!