Hi I am new to recovery

Hi I’m new to recovery, I am a binge drinker. It is difficult at times but I remind myself why I’m doing it. Also everyone I know drinks and it can feel real lonely at times staying sober. What do you guys do when you feel alone in your quest for sobriety?

4 Likes

I have never been alone in sobriety since I walked into an AA meeting and asked for help. Not one day without a fellow traveler.

8 Likes

I will look up a meeting in my area and go . thanks

7 Likes

That’s fantastic Sara!!

For me I crave alone so I’m usually trying to hide from everyone else. I take a lot of hot baths and then go to bed early.

1 Like

When I first started going to meetings I would find out where people were going to get coffee after the meeting. Then I would ask for a ride. It was a great way to get connected. People from the rooms were always happy to have people come along.

3 Likes

I get online. I’ve joined multiple sober online groups. This group is my favorite though.

4 Likes

I am new , too. So far, being on this forum a lot helps loads. I try to keep looking ahead and not back . Keep busy in any way you can, whatever you enjoy.
I’ve tried to change my mindset so that I don’t feel jealous of people around me who are drinking. Instead, I focus on feeling free from all the negativity that binge drinking gave me . Good luck X

6 Likes

thanks. I like the mindset you have.

Welcome! I hit up as many meetings as I can. It surrounds me with like minded people & gets me out of my own head for a little while.

2 Likes

Welcome Keep going to meetings Ty for being here😃

2 Likes

I went to meetings then i didnt feel lonely ,met new people who i still see 30 + years later give a meeting a go wish you well

I come here and read and write a bit.

Hi and welcome!! I feel the same I’m at 22 days today…I think I’m going to start going back to AA meetings because I don’t really know what else to do being that most ppl I know drink. I’m still figuring this part out so I’m glad you asked lol. Good luck on your journey :two_hearts:

1 Like