Hi, im a new member with a motivational message

Here I am going to share with you my interesting series of events happened to me 3 months ago. it taught me a lesson I’ll never forget. as I was sitting in my living room and had taken my last piece of Suboxone not knowing how or where to get my next fix. (The dealer moved). I get a phone call. it was my dream job calling me and telling me to come in for an interview on Thursday. I was excited, but i panicked. by then I would have been out of Suboxone ( the drug I became addicted to for 7 months) for 3 days and I would have been going through serious withdrawal. That’s exactly what happened and that’s exactly what I get for being irresponsible and using drugs that I shouldn’t have and using. working at my new job while having horrible shaking feelings, depressed thoughts, anxiety through the roof, runny nose, feeling of impending doom, and not being able to eat was not pleasant. people say it’s like the flu but withdrawing from opioids feels like your soul is being taken buy a demon for five to seven days. it’s almost indescribable by words. I knew I had to tough this out because things would have gotten better in the end. time is the ONLY thing that will take away your withdrawal.
LESSON HERE: life will not be put on hold for you. if you make the wrong choices by using drugs you are forced to suffer the consequences. I am now happily working at my dream job and if i wouldn’t have pushed through it I wouldn’t be where I am today. Perspective is everything when you are trying to become sober. mental strength, positive outlook on future, and perspective.

10 Likes

Just wanted to say welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

1 Like

That is such an important lesson. I’m glad you pushed through and are on the other side so you can share this with us. :heart:

1 Like