Hi I'm a Newbie been sober for 1 month and 2 days

Hi guys I’m Lesley
I’ve been sober for 1 month and 2 days , this is the longest I’ve went without a drink for many years.
I have a question tho
Since being sober my emotions are all over the place , I cant stop crying
What I want to know is , is this part of the recovery or is it just me being an emotional wreck
Thank you

7 Likes

You’re emotions are now actual emotions, not pushed away, numbed waves of nothing. I’m not able to tell you if it’s recovery that makes you sad or because you’re an “emotional wreck”. I do know that this means that not only negative emotions will be what they’re supposed to be, but that hapiness and joy will also be amplified :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure which…since getting sober myself my bipolar has been triggered n I’ve been manic the last 2 weeks jus going thru it

@lesley1

Congratulations on 1 month and 2 days!!
That is awesome !

It’s very normal part of it something called PAWS which stands for post acute withdrawal syndrome it will get better I promise! Sometimes feeling our emotions suck! I find journaling is a great way to vent writing stuff down helps take the power out of it! Keep on keeping on my friend!

1 Like

I cried at everything in the beginning (4 times whilst rewatching a river runs through it) - but, I also laughed at everything. I didn’t know, until I stopped that things could be just so funny. It’s amazing to realise that you can be a full emotional being without the booze. It’s so natural & so wonderful. Embrace it, it’s good.