Hi, Im new in here, my first post

So this Is my 100 time or so try to quit drinking. Yesterday I had my last drink again. I have dine weeks without a few times, but always drink again at some Point. A lot!! And everytime I hate my self for it. The first days without is always hard, and then it gets easyer, until its not and I hit the wine.

I have read a lot in here and see how good you guys are for eachother. I hope to find help, support and motivation amoung you guys.

Sorry for if some bad english🙈

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of resources available, which I’m guessing you’ve already looked at a little here and there.

Maybe a good place to start would be going somewhere that doesn’t make you want to drink? Places that I go require me to drive to and because I’d rather be sober and available to others, I know that I won’t want to drink while I’m in my car.
Sparkling water helps a lot also. Try reading, listening to comedy, ted talks, video games are a good way for me to keep my hands busy and not lifting a glass every three seconds. Call a friend you haven’t talked to in a while and catch up over a virtual milkshake or something! At the end of all this though, we can only show you the door, you have to WANT to walk through it =)

2 Likes

Thank you guys. I for sure know I can not have one drink, because when I tell my self only one, Im Just lying to my self. I can never stop at Just one, I drink and drink and drink. Even when I know alcohol its not doing me any good and I feel so much better and happier when not drinking. I dont understand why I keep drinking when it make me feel like shit. And the thougth of never drink again like a normal person can, kind og make me really sad. Why would this make me Sad.

2 Likes

@Wakikki hi. Your story sounds like mine. I too have been an experienced relapser. Let’s begin again, and try to do it right this time.

1 Like

Yes, for a New beginning, that Will last💕 I know it Will be hard work, and I am a bit scared.

1 Like

@Wakikki I learnt this time. During my last relapse. A few new lessons. We learn the most important lessons when we are at out worst.

Don’t be afraid. Never be afraid. But do not take anything too seriously. You aren’t getting out of this life alive.

I have told myself that I won’t drink. I do not need to consider all the earlier times I have tried and failed. This one is different. It is a new life.

I am trying to let myself adapt to this new life. Trying to make it part of me. One day at a time.

1 Like

Its Just so weird how one can go from a normal drinker, and drink once in a while, til out of control and Just lose it. I remember how it was to be a normal drinker, and also when it started to slowly spiral. And can belive I let it happen to me.

Remember all the stupid shit happened when drunk, wich also got worse and worse. Cant belive what kind of person I have been. This alone should be a motivation to stop.

Im happy to be here, to have People to talk to, Who understand by living it themselvs not Just by thinking they do.

24 hours No drinking. Glad the time is 18.00 now, because now the shop for wine is closed, so Even if want buy, I cant.

Hi @Wakikki, welcome! I too couldn’t just have one. Once I started I couldn’t stop. My life became so small. You are amongst friends that understand the pull that addiction has on us. My advice would be to write down all of the way that drinking makes you feel. The hangovers the anxiety, the amount you drank and how bad it becomes when it’s bad. Write it all down and put it somewhere that you can look back at it when the addict voice says you don’t have a problem and tells you that you can moderate. Be gentle on yourself, drink plenty of water and make sure you have some nice food and sweet treats in. There is a lot of sugar in booze and your body will be looking for it from somewhere whilst you balance out. I’m so glad you found us, welcome to the family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Thank you for a super tip about writing everything down. I Will for sure!

I know so good that keep drinking Will kill me, and I dont want to die that way. Its horrible, I seen it first hand. But still this voice in the head saying it ok, nothing Will happen to you and the good feeling while drinking.

1 Like

The addict voice is so loud but with work and strength we can quieten it a bit as time goes on. I have lost two friends to alcohol this last year, it’s most definitely not a way I would want to go and I use that as motivation. Our addict wants us to be alone and in the dark. But by coming here you are not alone and you are shining a light straight at the addiction. Treat yourself gently my friend. I never ever thought that I could ever be off the merry go round of drinking…I was so stuck! But I’m at 610 days today! One day at a time and this place for support it is possible. Dump any booze that you have in your house. Have a nice bath and maybe down load a couple of quit literature books. Try, the easy way to stop drinking by Allen Carr. It’s a really good read and it will help you understand how we bacame as stuck as we have. We are always here, reach out if you need us :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

So true. It will not stop till it has us back in it’s grip. Be proud of yourself for seeing that. It’s good to be a little scared. That is a healthy fear. When you feel like drinking reach out and ask for help. You are never alone in this. The disease wants you to think you are but don’t listen to it. You deserve to be happy. We are all walking miracles and you my friend are in a new way of life now. We are all in this together.

2 Likes

Yes its really loud speaking, Even I know it speaks bullshit. Thank you so much for your tip, nice words and caring. To have someone to talk to and lean in I think Will help a lot. To get understandig frome someone that know how it really is.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your words. Not to be alone is a important tool to to this.

2 Likes

This is spot on Jon! Spot on! :pray:t2::two_hearts::+1:

2 Likes

Welcome this is a great place to hear experience strength and hope. I’m almost 7 months clean and sober and when I start feeling crazy or discontent I come here and it helps me get out of my head. Hope you stick around. Keep on keeping on

3 Likes

I Will stick around here. I downloaded the app little while ago, started Reading in here every Day, many times a Day. It makes me feel Im not alone and make me wanna keep on going.

4 Likes

Welcome, this is a great first step.

2 Likes