Hidden Bottles?!?!

It happens. 6 months sober and I’m cleaning up my workshop. In a locker I find like 5 mini-bottles all empty, of cheap vodka. I remember that I bought these and would make an excuse to go down there, and would take a couple of quick shots.

Great reminder of how bad I was. Sneaking and hiding so as not to have my wife find out. Sad.

But no more. Never again. Forward, always forward.

5 Likes

Up!

This thread reminded me something deep again.
It’s not a normal person’s behaviour we’ve done :slight_smile:
First my girlfriend started hiding my beers. She would tell me I probably drank all I had last night. Because I would have had started with the leftovers before lunch.
Then at some point I just had to take few with me on Monday mornings to office. Drinking in the restrooms and wondering what to do with the empty ones.
At some point I was hiding because I didn’t want to hurt my girlfriend, that I was drinking so much. Then I was hiding so she wouldn’t hide them from me. Sock drawers, behind sofas,behind books… Everywhere. Outside bushes, of course my car. And when I forgot and started looking being hungover I was praying tears in my eyes to find some.
I thought I had a problem when I had too much beers at my house, and I convinced my girlfriend also, that 6pack is not a problem. Of course six pints wasn’t enough therefore I had to play this game, where I walked in to bedroom with an empty beer and changed it in my sock drawer for a full one, or tell her I went out for a cigarette and ran to my car for another pint.
But my mind was at ease when I knew I had some stash hidden somewhere.

2 Likes

When I was in rehab August and September, my husband and daughter were cleaning the house, which was neglected by my drinking. My daughter found some hidden bottles. It was exhausting trying to keep and hide my drinking and it was a relief to have it out.

2 Likes

@Rosenberg and @ReneeAnn it’s definitely eye opening. Never know when they’ll turn up. Thankfully the bottles are more of a thank God I’m done with that rather than a trigger. But it’s nice to try to find and rid them in order to avoid a trigger.

1 Like

@Girlinterrupted
I am still finding empties. I found a 759ml bottle in the bottom of my cycling bag that I had no idea was in there. Not sure how long it has been there, but I keep finding them. I found one under the house the other day. Crawling under the house to drink is evidence of how bad I was.

2 Likes