Higher power ☮️

Explain to me what your higher power is…,

What does higher power mean to you?

I am curious :blush::peace_symbol:️:blush::heart_decoration:

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t call myself religious by any means. But, being a scientist, I do believe in a universal energy/consciousness that illuminates the life force in all living things. I believe that when people die, their lifeforce/energy/soul is materialized back into the universal energy/consciousness. And that some form of reincarnation occurs where that energy is integrated back into many living things.

Therefore, I believe that all of the things I learn in this life, are then contributed to the universal collective consciousness when I die; so all living creatures will benefit from the knowledge and experience I gain in this lifetime.

So i guess my higher power is believing that I am here to further the evolution of life in our universe. In order to do that, I must participate in bettering myself as an individual; constantly growing and evolving my own consciousness and wellbeing so that my existence/life can have a more positive impact when my energy becomes part of the universal energy/consciousness when I die.

I may sound crazy… But hey, this is what I believe.

9 Likes

I love this :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow this is just so well explained! I get it and I feel it. Thanks.

3 Likes

Existence is a mystery, but Higher Power for me is the same as self-knowledge. Become aware of ourselves therefore and develop as human beings.

1 Like

For me its a power greater than me which i became to beleve in and i knew with that power there was nothing in front of me i couldnt face with this power behind me , worked for me in my soberiety

1 Like

i exactly believe the same :green_heart:

My higher power is God. I trust and believe that the Lord places obstacles in our path to help us grow stronger in our faith and trust in Him. Every pain and struggle has a reason behind it. I also believe that God puts us where we belong, when we belong there to either help us grow as an individual or to share our stories with others who may be struggling.

I find reading my Bible and prayer a great source of strength and comfort as I’m struggling to overcome my addictions.

4 Likes

Very well said

@HappierLikeThis That’s actually EXACTLY what I believe, but I’ve never been able to put it into words. You just explained my views and beliefs so perfectly. Thank you for that! Thought I was the only one who thought that way about it…

3 Likes

Im a christian, my higher power is God/Jesus.

I feel them in my heart and in my everyday life.

1 Like

@Sobahchick53, haha yeah… I’m an introvert and my brain is constantly churning through a million ideas a minute it seems, so I’ve thought about this A LOT!

I have a yoga teacher who talks about The Goddess. I dont actually believe in her as a literal entity, but Ive been surprised to find it helpful at moments of stress to imagine putting myself in her hands. Or The Universe. The Sublime, in art or nature, feels a bit played out to me as a concept, but I like when awe hits me, by whatever means it does.

I also like to remember, and this is my main feeling on the question, that things dont need to be powerful or higher to be good. Mostly, I want to hang on to the good, and try to be good and better, kinder and more truthful and more brave. Sobriety is a part of that journey for me.

What I’ve been trying to put into words for years and I make it sound like an ass hole! Thank you if you don’t mind I screen shotted this so I can read daily…?

1 Like

Wow that was a beautiful response thank you for that.

1 Like

Of course that’s okay! Glad to know I’m not alone in my crazy ideas derived from my attempts at understanding why the hell we are here!

1 Like