Hives and withdrawals

Has anyone had hives when quitting things? I think mine is maybe caused from quitting smoking. I have had a bout of acute hives once before (about a year ago) when i was under A LOT of stress, doctors put it down to anxiety. I was also having withdrawals from weed at the time. Now ive just noticed 2 hives on my eye area today. I’m 7 days off cigarettes and 13 days off alcohol. Last time i got hives i had them so bad that my body was absolutely covered from face to ankles… getting anxious about it :persevere:

Hives are caused by a histamine reaction in your skin. Take some Tumeric (the spice in curry powder). 500mg is the best. Natural antihistamine and anti inflammatory.

1 Like

Curryish I would imagine. I take 500mg daily for joint pain. Hitting a heavy bag and grappling takes a toll on the joints. Tumeric has really helped. I gave my wife some for tension headaches. She said she hasn’t had one since she started taking it.

1 Like

Have you used it and had success with hives? Last time i had them i was put on strong antihistamine pills because they were worried my throat could swell (thats how covered i Was, even my eyes swelled up)

1 Like

I have only had hives twice that I can recall. There’s a natural treatment for almost every condition. The thing is the natural remedies take a bit more time to work, and might not be effective for severe, rapid onset conditions. I eat a lot of fresh parsley as a preventative for many things. I eat fresh mint for heart burn. I take tumeric extract for joint pain and muscle recovery. I drink a cup of willow bark tea for blood pressure. Fish oil, etc. Etc. I’ve used Comfrey for a lot of things. I try to avoid OTC stuff. “Safe” is a relative term when it comes to OTC and I grow a lot of what I use.

1 Like

I’ve had hives before due to stress. Given that yours has gotten so bad in the past I think you need to be really serious about resolving this current episode right now.

I have found daily meditation to be life-changing for me. And when do get a batch of hives coming I know I need to get even more serious about remaining calm and taking deep breaths Exercise every day works really well to for me too. Get grounded and take care of you.

2 Likes