Holding Onto My A$$

Still struggling after my relapse. I’ve been drinking daily again since Thursday. Idk why this is so hard. I want to drink so, so bad right now, more than anything in the world. But I can’t or the cycle will continue. I took a half day from work. My anxiety is through the roof. I forced myself to come straight home and not stop to pickup a 6-pack. I’m trying to distract myself by doing light chores and relaxing with some Netflix. Thanks for listening, I just needed a little outlet and thought I’d share in case someone is going through the same thing today.

8 Likes

I feel you @hamluv16! I think when you get back into the routine of drinking, especially after a period of abstaining, it’s SO much harder to shake those thoughts! I also feel the need to have a drink- the weather is gorgeous today! But that’s no excuse! We know what happens when we pick up a drink and the consequences of drinking are not worth the temporary gratification. I will be your sober buddy today- no drinking for us! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks, @kpear826. I could use a sober buddy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’ve got it! I’m 3 ginger ales deep lol :grinning:

3 Likes

When I initially quit, It was hard going six hours without a drink. I tried for 6 hours then did 12. I felt better after 12 hours, but had bad flu like symptoms, stomach, head, shakes, anxiety through the roof. I really stayed busy, bought cold medicine, anti-diahrea, pedialyte, ensure, vitamins and took all at once. Slowly starting eating again and drank tons of ice water. No sleep for about 3 days. I’m at day 65 now, one day, one hour, one second at a time. I don’t regret a moment of sobriety, but I have a ton of regrets from when I drank. Stay strong and in touch.

7 Likes

Got to agree with @kpear826, it’s so easy to slide into those habits. It’s not even gradual really, it’s no drinking, no drinking, and then bam! Dranks every day again.

The first few days are always the hardest, but if you can get through it, it really does get so much easier. Stay with us @hamluv16

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing @zepolarne, it helps. It’s great that you’re at day 65! Keep on going ine day at a time. That’s what I did before and it’s the only way. You’re right, I have tons of regrets from drinking not so many from being sober.

I hope you know you are helping others as well by sharing your shruggles with us. This really brings me back to those dark days, and I know how fuking bad those cravings are when you are really trying to stop… have you maybe considered a detox center perhaps to help you along with your withdrawel? I know that saved me. Just a suggestion, I know you can do this

1 Like

Merv. Alcoholic.

Same here with the 6 hour mark. Almost on the dot. Withdrawals kicked in, with all those symptoms you described. Would try at home detoxes trying to drink smoothies or naked juices. Anything with sustenance in it besides water because I knew I’d just be vomiting it back up in less than an hour anyway. Solid food was not even an option. Stayed awake for 2 days during those lovely days/nights. Then I just chose rehab/detox. I suggest it to anybody with decent insurance. I was very fortunate. Much love.

2 Likes

It really made me think back to what it was like, it did help. Who wants to go back to that lol.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Steve92. I kept some pills from my last detox (librium and ativan) which have helped. But now I’m out of the librium. Feeling better today and the ativan helps with the anxiety. My mom looked into an outpatient detox center a few months ago after I went to the ER but i didn’t follow-up. Guess it’s time to.

1 Like

@hamluv16 outpatient gave me a lot of tools that I still use today. Goodluck to you

1 Like