Holidays are the WORST!

Well I am going to wish you a belated Happy Mothers Day, I know it wasnt the day that you deserved, hell I relapsed yesterday :roll_eyes:, but we are parents and we deserve to feel loved or at least appreciation on that day.
Go treat yourself this week :heart::heart:

1 Like

While I understand where you’re coming from the world doesn’t revolve around him or his loss. Life needs to move on. So if you’re going to keep commenting on my posts please keep your thoughts about my husband to yourself. :wave:

Lol the opinions of strangers are so far from accurate.

Yeah ok next time you have an issue in life I hope someone tells you to stop feeling sorry for your self. Thanks for such a great response!! :+1:

Your inability to accept that others may not feel the need to throw sympathy your way, it’s astonishing. Word of advice; don’t post if you don’t expect others to respond with honest feedback. :+1::wave::woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

You stayed sober today? If yes, you’re a success.

Everyone has days of feeling unappreciated/under appreciated, I know I sure do. The only thing I control in this world is how I feel about it… that’s my burden to bare alone. Some days I’m terrible, some days I’m great at it.

Keep your head up, grinders get where they’re going by taking all the hard steps.

3 Likes

The world doesn’t revolve around you either.
Your have posted about wanting to leave your husband before and that he is also dealing with loosing his brother yet your making it all about you?
If you don’t like the responses you get maybe you shouldn’t post about hating your family and expecting people to show you compassion, this is a sobriety forum not Facebook.

7 Likes

I don’t think a sobriety forum is an unreasonable place to show compassion. I know I have received a lot of it here and it has helped me enormously.

We’re all in different places and we all need support :pray::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

We can of course give our honest opinions but let’s keep it civil and respectful, in line with the guidelines.

3 Likes

I’m all for showing compassion but when someone is so blatantly rude to those who take the time to respond them it makes me :flushed:

5 Likes

I know some people really find the gratitude practice helps them, I personally find it hit and miss. It can make me feel guilty about feeling bad, rather than making me focus on the positives, it just depends where my head is at.

I have recently found that writing has been helping me get some perspective, unjumble my thoughts a bit. Do you do any journalling or anything like that?

1 Like

Being respectful and civil applies on all sides :blush:

2 Likes

That goes both ways, if you don’t want us commenting about your husband then you shouldn’t be posting about him either.

5 Likes

Well guess what. I’ve got another astonishing fact for your ignorance. My gramma just died. AND NO ONES FEELING SORRY OR ACTING DIFFERENT FOR ME. Lmao now I am entitled to the same treatment so doesn’t that make you eat your words

My comment was response to the idea that someone shouldn’t post stuff that could be perceived as nasty, maybe not sobriety related, and expect compassion. Maybe that’s when we need it more than ever. Agreed that compassion can take different forms and also that being challenged can be good for us.

However, there are honest responses and there is a tipping point where it becomes confrontational and unhelpful. We all have to make our own judgement on where that line is.

Hey, it’s not about anyone eating their words or winning an argument on here.

None of us want you to fail. We wouldn’t be posting here otherwise. There is some really great advice and support being offered on this thread, try and focus on that?

I know you’re struggling at home with your family life and I’m sorry to hear about your gramma.

All of us are different but we have much in common. Sometimes we have to work a bit harder to find the good stuff but it’s so worth it :pray::sparkling_heart:

I can relate.

My baby mom (we are not together now)
Also said i was comung up short on these days. And frankly I was. I was busy with myself and my pains.
So if you feel under valued i get that.
And i get you vent here rather then explode at home perhaps.

But please Ivy dont curse people out for having an opinion. That is just to easy dear.

I read in your profile that you can be manic and suffer a bipolar disorder. In my understanding situations as above can trigger you am i right?

I wish you calmth peace and love for the coming period.

2 Likes

Beardy is back!
Good to see you around.

The thing is… Calling out people who are being so honest aboutbthere mental health situation should be cuddled a bit extra because they sometimes just cant help it. Its their chemicals.

So i am on team tell it how it is. In this perticular case I’d rather go on the Ride out this wave and find the bakance & calmth needed.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I think my response was helpful, it certainly would have been helpful to me, and that’s why I chose to say it to you. I think everyone’s advice on here was helpful. It’s great to get different perspectives on issues that are bothersome to us. That’s why we are all here. To be open, to share, to get feedback, to get support, to gain knowledge about ourselves and our sobriety. I do hope that if I’m in a situation that was similar to yours that I do have someone to tell me to pull it together.

I hope you’re still sober. I hope your day got better. I hope that the next time you have an issue in life you can find a way to turn it around in your favor and make a shitty situation better.

2 Likes