Horrible Relapse. Looking for advice on how to move forward when I feel like I might lose it all

Well, after losing my job I went on a 5 day coke and alcohol bender that landed me in the hospital. .45 bac :frowning: I have family staying with me for the next few weeks to stop myself from drinking, I ended it with my boyfriend bc he was toxic. I love him but He doesn’t respect my decision to stop. I’m also attending a SMART meeting tonight. Basically my family is babysitting me right now and as sad as it sounds I’m completely fine with that. I’ll lose everything if I don’t stop. I pray to god this is my bottom and I’m done with it. If not I’ll die the next time. So that’s my messed up life right now. 2 days sober hopping for forever

5 Likes

That is a great definition of rock bottom.

3 Likes

Agreed! I bookmarked that one, @SmokeyMirror.

Thinking of you tonight, @Summer18. Do you have any thoughts on your first SMART meeting? I’ve been looking for a meeting myself.

Well put hombre. That’s as accurate as it gets.

@MoCatt I thought I was the bottom of the barrell too. Like these people don’t got nothing on me. They told their stories, one of them started with “when I got to AA, I was the one that God couldn’t forgive” and that resonated with men told me I was definitely in the right place, doing the right thing at that time. They sure know how to love you until you love yourself.

1 Like

Hey, I like your 4 r thing. I’m fighting an Oxycodone issue and not alcohol, but I think I will still try to remember your trick. That seems like a good way to really successfully tackle an urge. I think that’s legit.

Hey guys sorry if this is a stupid question, but they say no question is ever really stupid right? Lol. Anyway, what are SMART meetings? Is that similar to AA/NA? Im new to sobriety. Learning what resources are available. More than I ever realized.

I went to my first SMART meeting last night. It focuses more on education rather than stories and giving yourself up to a higher power. They also don’t have a 12 step program. I’m not sure how I felt about it but I’m going to keep going because it I keep hearing different tricks to change my behavior maybe it will finally stick!!

4 Likes

@Summer18 how are things going with you? Is the SMART program working for you? I’d love to hear and update, and hope that you are well :heart:

1 Like

Hey! I went to a meeting at a different location and loved it! I’ve been going to that one a couple times a week. I’m going to try a location closer to work after the holiday weekend. I highly recommend SMART if AA isn’t for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome! So happy that you’re doing well

1 Like