Hot teas instead of beers

Hot teas have been a really great substitution in the evenings after work, instead of going for beers. My current favorite is something called “Tension Tamer,” idk what’s in it, but I dig it. Anyone else have a favorite hot tea they enjoy?? Especially with the colder weather finally coming in :wind_face:

17 Likes

I’ve been enjoying my Republic of Tea teas.

A lot!!

13 Likes

Sleepytime Vanilla Chamomile. Locked and loaded into my sober kettle probably every night since getting sober. :sleeping:

5 Likes

Are you kidding me? I have tea for sleep, tea for stress, tea for antioxidant boosts, tea for a sore throat, tea for an upset stomach, tea to relieve congestion… I seriously have a special tea for every conceivable need. Lol

10 Likes

Mmm nothing better than a good cup of tea. I dug out my grandma’s china teapot recently and have enjoyed the tea and also memories. I have a few different sized pots and lots of fun mugs too. Something about the ritual of choosing the tea, the vessel and cup is relaxing.

3 Likes

I like the turmeric ginger for inflammation. Not sure if it helps but my mind thinks it does. And I like it.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about drinking more tea. I currently go through way too much coffee. Unfortunately the only way I’ve drank tea in the past is sweetened and by that I mean like 5 tablespoons of sugar per cup. Not healthy in the least.

1 Like

Yes, tea is a great substitution. My favorite is sencha.

2 Likes

I have a good selection of green,fruity and herb teas but my favourite one at the moment is milky oolong (in my chair wrapped in teddy bear blanket, book and dog next to me :wink:)

3 Likes

Funny this has come up. Me too! I use pukka tea.

3 Likes

Are you English by any chance? :joy:

3 Likes

These look great! From the picture I somehow thought they were liquids. Then I focused my eyes… :grinning:

2 Likes

The tension tamer is my go to also! With some manuka honey :honey_pot:

4 Likes

I’ve currently got 11 different herbal teas, mainly from the Pukka and Teapigs range, a lot of them are Detox type teas because I found out I have Liver Disease, but they all taste so good! I also drink 7 litres of orange and pineapple squash every day.

3 Likes

Hahaa can’t beat a cup of builders English Breakfast!

I do like fruit teas though, I have been making fresh mint tea from the herbs I grow. I also have a selection of pukka teas. But always start the day with a proper brew! I usually get Clipper but Yorkshire Tea is my backup.

I’ve also started drinking hot squash in the evenings which is lovely.

3 Likes

Yorkshire Tea is the bomb :bomb:! Their decaf is acceptable for in the evening. I love all herbal teas but when I’m wanting to turn down the volume on my brain I always go to the good old, Snore and Peace tea. Lavender and chamomile and it’s soooo soothing. Great thread! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

7 Likes

How’s the Turmeric one, all Turmeric tea I’ve tried stains everything yellow. Even teeth?

2 Likes

Masala Chai, and a Whittard of Chelsea instand tea called Dream Time. Nowadays that one is out of my range because I can only get it by import. So it’s either Chai or Southern Sweet Tea (but the sweet tea is cold)

2 Likes

I have my own chai mix that I made last year, still got a bit leftover. Will have to make a new batch soon as it’s definitely getting to that time of year when warm, milky, sweet and spicy tea is just what the doctor ordered!

1 Like

I recently got harsh doctors orders against milk protein so I’m making mine with oatmilk. But I used to love the mix :blush:

1 Like