Hours are dragging by

So, I’m currently alone, that’s a bad thing for me because I only drink alone, at my apartment there are no alcohol because I pored it out and now I never bring my wallet if I leave my apartment alone… thing is, I’m not home at my place, and I know that there’s alcohol in this house, and I know that they wouldn’t mind if I took some before I go to sleep. I’m so glad that I’ve made almost four days without now and this sleepover wasn’t planned… gosh I’m so frustrated that I can’t think of other things than alcohol at the moment, it truly rules my life and that makes me sad. I’ve made a list of why I don’t want to drink.

Reasons for quitting

1. It hurts the people I love
  2. It damage my body and mind
  3. I can’t be there for the people I love if I’m wasted
  4. I’m not feeling better in my depression
  5. Not good for my adhd brain, makes everything worse

A watched pot never boils. Try not to fixate on drinking or not drinking. Do something to take your mind off of it. Do it now. Read a book. Listen to some music or a podcast. Or think about your favorite food.

5 Likes

@Yoda-Stevie’s right - you’re focusing on the ONE THING you don’t want to focus on. If you want to get through this, do something else, ANYTHING else! Youtube, TV, crossword, book, email, texting, reading the forum, meditation, drawing, phone someone - you will come up with something , if you want to!

3 Likes

I fell asleep after a couple off hours, today it’s better, it’s been so weird every morning these last couple of days I’ve woken up feeling like i have the hangover of the year… is it normal? I mean i havent been drinking

Yes, totally normal, also feeling exhausted, just wanting to sleep all the time, being unable to sleep, crazy dreams, drinking dreams, your own brain working against you telling you it’s ok to drink now, telling you you’ll never have a social life again, telling you you can now drink sensibly… you might also be dehydrated, vitamin depleted, compensating by over-eating, craving sugar…
The first month or so is a real battle @Sigrid. But most people agree a major turning point is 3-4 days, and you’ve achieved that! Dig in, you can win this one.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m feeling stronger in the mornings, so I’m going to use thoes times to rest and do things I enjoy, evenings are worse, anxiety all over… I’ve planed to do some excersise, taking walks until the anxiety lowers in intensity

2 Likes

Yes, fill your evenings up. And when you look at this whole thing from a slightly different perspective, what a blessing to be able to fill your evenings up with interesting, fulfilling things that you never had time for before - because drinking poison was your pastime!

1 Like

I’m on 105 hours sober! :blush: now I’m eating breakfast and drinking coffee that I made myself, it’s an expensive kind, also I drink water with pressed lemmonjuice in it, enjoying

3 Likes

You’ll be able to drink a more expensive coffee - alcohol is expensive!

1 Like