How are you dealing?

I work in the national health service in the uk so tomoro i am back at work . I Am nervous but determined to make a difference.

5 Likes

That was very powerful thank you for sharingā€¦I also am in the USA

2 Likes

Thank you for all that you do :pray:

Big up to you! Thanks for the work you and colleagues are doing.

1 Like

Annnnnd, drinking alcohol lowers your immune system!!
So donā€™t drink folks. It could save your life :wink:

6 Likes

I live in utah and we had a 5.7 earthquake here 4 days ago so people here are on edge.
My family is coping well though.
I have been homeschooling and taking my kids for a long walk everyday.
I do yoga daily and try to eat well.
I do not worry about the things i cant control, and i dont watch the news. Everything is working out as it should. I can feel the earth during this awakening and i send my love through affirmation often.

2 Likes

I live in Montenegro. It has been two years. I moved here after my brother died. Always being a loner and drinking at home, I have been in self isolation for the whole time. First eight months or so I drank heavily. I had enough and quit. I lost two of my friends since then, I had relapses and slips consequently. Sober for a while now and happy. I am bipolar, so I have mood swings, ups and downs, sometimes dark sometimes happy posts. Pretty much my norm. I get suicidal but only attempted once when I was fifteen. I know first hand what happens to the ones left behind. It is just a chrisis moment like a panick attack and eventually I am baking or gardening.

Dealing; there are restrictions here like no more than three people can be seen together. Otherwise they are taken to jail.

Montenegro, a small country with 650 thousand people has over five thousand Covid positive patients. Even though it could be considered as an invasion of privacy, the government put the names of the people by town online. I think it is an exreme measure but very practical.

I have been living as a minimalist here regardless of being a chef. I keep the basics and add a few fresh items. Done. Consuming less is proven to be healthy, so I will not die from hunger.

I have sucked the blood out of Netflix, lots of YouTube. My new thing is audiobooks from Amazon. I am listening to Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp. I have read it almost two decades ago when I understood that my best friend is an alcoholic. I had no clue what that meant. I would get mad at her. I was drinking too but my disease has not progressed yet. When I read this book, I started to understand that she had no control over it. At first we had a ton of fun getting drunk and being silly until she could not get out of an abusive relationship. The lies, fights, angerā€¦I even went to AA meetings with her. She struggled but finally quit. Still sober, so proud of her. She is kind of my long distance sponsor.

I donā€™t know what will I listen to next. Something fun, or dystopian perhaps and after that I am open to suggestions.

As one of my dearest friend says, I am surviving in my own mental institution.

Keep safe and stay inside please. This could be much bigger than we are told. Comes the conspiracy theoriesā€¦Anyway, take care everyone.

Much love!

7 Likes

Like others Iā€™ve watched YouTube and Netflix to the max. Iā€™m a bartender so job got put on hold instantly. Staying sober but eating and being lazy in excess.

4 Likes

How was NH today? Iā€™m from MA but lived in Canaan years ago for a couple years.

So trueā€¦not picking up the first drink saves my life

2 Likes

Cold but sunny, I went for a nice walk. Snow arrives tomorrow, supposedly. Ugh.

1 Like

Wow I hadnā€™t heard about the earthquake
Please stay safe

Wow what a great way to put it, Iā€™ve never heard that beforeā€¦thank you for sharing your story with us.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear your job has been cut, there is a lot of that and many more to come Iā€™m sure

4 Likes

Eating and sleeping feels like that is all that I do, as if winter didnā€™t make me gain weight as is it is

This is cute and funny, thanks for posting it.

1 Like

We were well positioned for the actual ā€œsocial distancingā€. Someone might even call us ā€œpreppersā€, but thatā€™s not entirely accurate. We just buy in bulk, which saves money, and stock up when things are on sale.

My daughter will be starting a homeschool online program for gifted students this fall, through a university. What sheā€™s going through now with her school closing, is good training for what she will have to do, next school year.

My martial arts school is closed, but offers live classes via Facebook and other web tools. I set up the laptop in the Brojo, and follow along.

The biggest impact is financial. I am a bit surprised at how fast my employer has imposed austerity actions, while things have only now gotten bad. A sales rep was let go last week, a driver and customer service rep this week. Our car allowance is being cut 50%, and salary 30%, added to the fact that my commissions will be negligible, as orders were down 50%, over week prior, and I donā€™t see them improving for at least another 2-3 weeks, if not longer. Itā€™s a small company, but has been around for 50 years. Thought theyā€™d be able to withstand market shocks a bit better.

Iā€™ve already started looking at other opportunities, to have options when the crisis passes.

Other than that, weā€™re haze gray and underway.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear about your struggles. On the other hand you are right that this is a good experience for your daughterā€¦schools closing like this is something I never imagined but I also understand why it needs to be done. Stay strong my dear friend

3 Likes

Thanks. There are those far, far worse off. What we are is ā€œinconveniencedā€, or as I see it, ā€œblessedā€.

2 Likes