How Do I Taper My Opiate Maint. Medication?

I am 10 Days clean from Oxycodone. I’m doing so with the help of Zubsolv. The Zubsolv is similar to Suboxone as far as it’s purpose, but it’s a tablet instead of a film. I do the Zubsolv because my insurance didn’t cover Suboxone. Anyway, I’ve read and heard how people can become just as addicted to Suboxone as the original opiate. I’m guessing Zubsolv carries the same risk? As a result, I’m trying to figure out if I should do a taper and if so, how to go about it? My dose is 8.6-2.1 MG. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I Taper and how? Thanks.

1 Like

Well im gonna start by saying anything more then 4mg is too much. So id start the taper there. You dont want to feel completely normal. You want to feel some withdrawl shining thru. No pain no gain. Taper down 50% every two days down to .5. Then start to skip days toward the end. This should make the jump off easier. I would not take them more then a week or two. Goodluck!

1 Like

Wow, i didnt realize my dose was even considered high. Why didn’t the dr warn about this I wonder? Anyway, thanks. I’ll try to cut down tomorrow. I already took my dose for today. And, you’re right about feeling too normal. Right now being on the Zubsolv I haven’t felt any discomfort other than some emotional urges. That right there was what got me wondering if I was going to become dependent on the Zubsolv. I’m honestly terrified to go through the WD. I get it has to happen. I just dont know how to endure it.

I also seen ur other post. During the taper start taking a multi-vitamin to help with nutrition u may not get from a poor apetite. Hydrate atleast drinking 2.5 liters of water a day. A probiotic or lopermide for loose stools. They make a over the counter medication for restless legs you can try. By the end of the taper the wd should be bareable.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate that. I really want to beat this, but I’m afraid of being uncomfortable. But, I mean, I get it. The wd has to happen if I’m gonna come out on the other side.

It’s not pleasant, but it’s survivable. You haven’t been on the zubs to long so now is a good time to start

1 Like

These doctors go by word of mouth from reps and salesman. They make comission. They also have never taken the drug to know. Plus they want u to feel comfortable and dont warn about it being addictive or have wd effects too. Ive done my research. The method i told u was basically what i followed. Mentally you have to keep strong or maybe ask for a low dose anti depressant to take for a month.

2 Likes