How do you cope with the cravings?

it’s been a hard night and i’m running out of ways to distract myself. what are everyone’s favorite/most effective ways to help cope with the cravings?

5 Likes

Nights can be tough. Tuck into a silly movie or a good book or take a walk outside if you’re feeling it. I went to bed early lots of nights if I needed. Early to bed beats a relapse any day. A sober head on a pillow is a win!

4 Likes

Exercise
Hot shower
Cold shower
Wake up an old buddy
Bother your sponsor
Play loud music, BUT if your married or have a roommate, they’re going to be annoyed
But you’ll be sober

5 Likes

Lift the phone speak to your sponsor ,before you lift the drink wish you well

4 Likes

Awesome! :+1:

3 Likes

Maybe controversial to some but… micro dosing mushrooms has been a life changer. Biggest thing it’s allowed me to do is take a thought I would normally obsess over and eventually act on, and instead process it and let it go as a fleeting thought and I will say with certainty I wouldn’t have 90 days today after a 15 year addiction if it weren’t for weed and shrooms. Good luck wish you well

2 Likes

In my case I have basically two stages:

1. Breathe and think in how well I fell today free of booze. How I can deal with life and its (positive or negative) circumstances.

2. Put the movie forward on: preview how is going to end the process that is going to start with only a sip of alcohol: drunkenness, lies, disappoint people who loves you, depression, hangover, tears, sensation of failure, physical damage maybe and a long so on…

Drink is not worthwhile.

Let’s continue in the path of sobriety!

2 Likes

I speak to God. Directly. I say, God, I can’t do this myself, I just can’t. I surrender myself to you, I surrender my life, the good and the bad, the open spaces and the dark corners (the dark corners where my cravings live). I need your help God because if I don’t have it I will relapse. I can’t relapse God. I can’t. I give myself up to you, so that you can help me do what you want me to do.

2 Likes