How do you thank yourself?

I got to speak to my councillor today and I told her about finding this app and how much it’s been helping. Thank you everyone by the way :heart: She mentioned that I should have rewards for milestones like a week, a month and so on. Plus, I’m in school and we’re in exam week right now so I’m trying to think of healthy ways to celebrate. I though I’d ask you guys what you do. :slight_smile:

I like going for long walks in the forest, exploring unfamiliar places, talking to my friends and I thought looking for volunteer opportunities near me would be cool. Getting a new piercing has also crossed my mind.

7 Likes

giphy (54)

14 Likes

:joy: this gave me a good laugh

2 Likes

My first reward was a great meal sans the champagne or chardonnay (my DOCs).
Congratulations on starting this journey. Hugs.

4 Likes

Books and earrings - used the money I would have spent on booze

5 Likes

I buy stuff on Amazon occasionally. Just little things that won’t break my bank, like a new pair of ear buds. I buy stuff for my family too, because that’s rewarding myself too, in a way.

I’ll eat something sweet or delicious, something I don’t normally have. This morning I had a big coffee cake muffin. Lol.

Or I’ll spend half the day in bed, just reading a good book.

3 Likes

I don’t, at the end of every day I thank God.

5 Likes

Oooo. Good point. I change my answer :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

amazon is a close second though :joy:

3 Likes

I have a YouTube Premium account. That is my way of thanking myself for staying on course.

2 Likes

LOL. Was going to say just that. I’m not feeling very “thankful” to my self and this point, but I do try to treat myself and self-care.

1 Like

I love that oh my god :smile:

Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

Good point. At the end of the day, just being sober is a pretty fair reward. A humbling gift. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I buy beautiful food… I do abit of online shopping for something that I really know will make me super happy and make me feel good… I take my self out for a beautiful lunch at an over the top luxurious restruant on my own. Thats my favorite thing to do. To get dressed up and go spoil my self with lunches at nobu and other over priced restraunts! I love it and always feel so happy after so that’s a great reward for me- doing what I know makes me feel happiness! :heart:

4 Likes

This is popcorn, passionfruit ice cream, peach slices and whipped cream with a dash of caramel chocolate (which is really a full slab of caramel chocolate in its wrapper) all mixed together lol… for movie night.
Us addict just do things different or… im losing it :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve been considering getting a Spotify subscription, but not done it yet.

I considered getting a small ring as a gift to myself and reminder of this journey… But decided not too because I worry about waste and the planet so talked myself out of it. :triumph:

3 Likes

That is something id make if I was smoking weed lol :joy: total stoner snack lol … Unfortunately I can’t eat popcorn tho , it gets stuck in my gums so bad ! :grimacing:

1 Like

Spotify is much needed life must! Music is everything. Its priceless. And Spotify has changed the game… Even you dont pay the $15 monthly subscripton fee, you can still use it for free anyway… So get onto my friend. There is not a day that goes by where spotify is not on in my home… The possibilities are endless!!

You tube is life !! :pray::100::heart:

2 Likes