How is your relationship with your sponsor?

I’ve been sober 2 years but I just got my first sponsor last week. Seems like a cool dude I can be honest with and listen to his advice. But those are just the minimum qualifications I feel like to be someone’s sponsor. He is also in my weekly meetings with 8 other men. So far all signs are good. But super curious now about all of you.

What’s your relationship with your sponsor like? Any relevant comments?

my sponsor passed away three years ago now we were friends for 30 years miss him wish you well

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear your loss, but glad you had those positive experiences

1 Like

My sponsor is fantastic with me she pulls me up on my bullshit and tells me where I go wrong ! She’s also the most amazing lady I know I want what she has … I’m gutted she’s moved away so looking to find a new one but I know me and sponsor will always be friends I’m greatful she gives me so much of her free time

1 Like

Mine is my sponsor first. The guy who shows me how to apply the steps as he did and keeps it simple when I make it complicated, which is always. I love him for that.

I also consider him a friend now, and maybe an unlikely one if not for this program. We hang sometimes, along with some other guys from the group. Our little sober posse.

5 Likes

My sponsor officiated my wedding so I guess you can say we are pretty close

7 Likes