How is your sobriety going?

10 days and 17hours now. But damn its hard times for me! But i dont want to go back in the shit so i must stay strong
Only wish i had someone to talk with daily who understand the struggles… Sometimes i can feel so lonely even with others around. And the strange thing is at those moment i want to lay on bed …
But ill get myself trough this!

2 Likes

Wauw youre doing great!

1 Like

9 days and counting #gothis.

2 Likes

Your doing great yourself! Thank you! I’m finally feeling positive about this and even a little happy.

1 Like

Just hit double digits! Boo yaa! I’m happy. :trophy:

2 Likes

@Nouchka I completely understand that feeling of needing to talk to a live person that’s going through the same thing I am. Have you considered going to an AA meeting. You can find them in your area at
www.aa-netherlands.org or call the service number at (31)206256057.
AA saves my life everyday and being in the same room with people just like me and hearing their strength and hope, gives me hope for my own sobriety. It’s so worth it! Congrats on your 10 days! !!

2 Likes

Thank you very much ! I know the AA’s, i go to another meeting next week for the first time its a meeting from my addiction couselours and there are olso people that are in the same recovery.
So im very curious!
Mabey im gonna visit an AA but not sure yet, been there for a couple of times and for me personally the meeting doesnt really help me.
Its nice to meet others but the meeting by itself is not my kind of recovery

I said something similar 10 years ago, @Nouchka… which then led to 6 more years “out there” drinking. AA has since become my only option for recovery and I’m fortunate I didn’t become a “low bottom” kind of drunk which the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous refers to.

Maybe try different meetings, different places, different people, but try not to lose heart so easily - “keep coming back” :pray:

3 Likes

I’m on day 9 and feel really good generally. Had to take my new Multiple Sclerosis Meds for the first time today though, so I’m temporarily back to tremors and sweating. But that shouldn’t last for too long.
Anyway, I know I wouldn’t have taken those meds if wouldn’t be absolutely sober and generally feeling good /strong.

1 Like

I’ve been clean off heroin for a little over three years. Things are finally together in my life and I’m happy but it’s still so hard to forgive myself for all the crappy things I’ve done. There’s days I think about using but it’s not worth it to lose everything I’ve worked for

4 Likes

Hi fellow “marsha”! I agree with you sometimes I think I will just have a glass or two of wine but remember where I was before I stopped drinking and that keeps me sober.

4 Likes

Same here. Been gaming and reading loads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Belive! You can and you will