How long does nausea and loss of appetite last?

It’s been 2 weeks and I really struggle to eat at meal times. It’s a few bites of toast. Or just a coffee for lunch and dinner is always half left. I feel so full and sick all the time like iv got a lump in my throat. And iv got terrible heartburn and acid reflux. I would of thought I would be over any symptoms by now. I felt great for about 5/6 days and slowly iv been getting more tired and feeling sick. Anyone experience this?

1 Like

Absolutely. Just keep pushing through. Our bodies go through drastic changes when we change what we’re putting into it. For the first month I barely ate anything, soon made up for it though :joy: maybe look at vitamin supplements to help your body move the process along :+1:

3 Likes

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. I suggest making an appointment with your doctor. A check up cannot hurt at this point. :heart:

3 Likes

That’s good to know. With any luck I’ll be moaning about weight gain soon :joy: Husband brought me home a vitamin drink tonight to try help boost. I will definitely be getting some vitamins tomorrow to help my body along. Thankyou

I have had a history of stomach ulcers over the years and before I gave up I was waking in the night vomiting and downing antacids. Sorry for the overshare! :laughing: I’ll ring tomorrow and get a appointment and then I can rule it out with luck. Thankyou

2 Likes

I remember this. It’s likely due to underlying problems caused by by drinking. My appetite was terrible because of my pancreas and stomach being raw with ulcers. Definitely go to the doctor and have blood work done. Two weeks seems on the high side, but if it something like an ulcer or digestive enzymes out of whack it’s very dangerous. You might need an IV for some fluids but that’s for a doctor to decide. Good luck! And let it be a reminder to continue working towards sobriety.
Some lessons are painful reminders

Good luck and stay good :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Tbh I carried on drinking to ignore it. I new my body wasn’t happy and I had the thought well if everyone else can why can’t I, I’m fine…!? Sober me really dosent thank drunk me atm. It’s like picking up the pieces after a toddler but you find out itself. Infuriating. Thankyou x

I will my body has been through enough x

2 Likes

Think the doctor needs a call wish you well

2 Likes

Were you able to get a doctor’s appt @Megan3 ?

1 Like

Yes. He poked around my stomach kidneys and liver. Had a urine sample blood pressure checked and a full blood count taken. The results were good. But I’m on iron tablets for anemia and lansoprazole for stomach ulcers. He’s referred me to have a camera down my throat in the next week and I have another blood test next week cause I think he wanted to check my platelets again cause they were on the high side. Then I get another full blood count done in 3 months. So iv had a full mot haha he’s looking after me. I’m putting the sickness and little appetite down to my body going through a big change. All in all I think it’s very good news and feel thankful I get the chance to treat my body right now. Thanks for asking :heart:

2 Likes

Sounds like he did a great job, so glad you were able to be seen.

1 Like