How many days y'all? (Part 1)

Hi, well done on your 30 days…you’re doing great. I’m new to this site and finding it helpful thus far…I am 11 days sober.
Keep up the good work man :+1:

6 Likes

You too Paul! 11 days is super and there are absolutely no good reasons to stop now. Only bad ones.

3 Likes

Hey @JazzyS Thank you so much for thinking of me and sending your good vibes! They helped me get that b*tch finished with only an hour to spare. The storm had me up just before 2a.m. so I worked 2 hours in the middle of the night. If I hadn’t, no way we’d have been on time. Ridiculous, unrealistic, unreasonable expectations met this time. And met without a drop of poison. Not without the thought, though. Never doing that to myself again. Coworker quit over the whole thing. I’m still standing. Sober. THANK YOU for helping me through! XOXO :purple_heart::heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Yay and congratulations 300 days. !!

3 Likes

14 days today - first I think how great 14 days are. Then I think OMG it has only been 14 days seems like a forever. Crazy how your brain can produce two totally different viewpoints on the same event one is having. Mystifying!

9 Likes

Oh girl you did it - all of it and am so proud of you. Hell we all get the thoughts but not putting them into action is what counts! Thank goodness for the thunder storm waking you up and providing the time needed to finish the project (yes - totally crazy that even then you finished with 1 hour to spare).

We are all here for you and want you to succeed. I do hope you don’t get stuck with more of these unrealistic projects. Have a wonderful weekend friend!
:people_hugging: :heart:

2 Likes

2 weeks !!! yes, the beginning is so challenging and I do believe that it totally can be seen in both view points.
You are doing great and I’m hearing how your view points are so clear and focused. So glad you are here with us on this journey and hope you enjoy your sober weekend!

2 Likes

Hey Thomas – How are you doing my friend? Haven’t heard from you and want to make sure you are doing well and hopefully able to cope / deal with the bitch from work. Looking forward to hearing from you :people_hugging: :heart:

2 Likes

Again thank you for support and your positivity helps send good energy my way.

Just wondering ??? Do live in talkingsober.com. Do you have a little futon you sleep on and a microwave on a table. Just teasing and joking… you always are just minutes away.

From Friend in sobriety🤠

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You are making me laugh – thank you for that …
I do keep the site active all day around me as I work and check in very regularly (i am indeed living here for my sanity). Every time I have an issue or an urge (i use the search glass and see how others have dealt with similar issues) and in the mean time if I can reach out to someone else in need that is also therapeutic for me. These days as I can’t sleep I seem to be checking in even more :slight_smile:

I’m glad you are showing the site to your husband and hopefully he will realize what an amazing tool this place truly is.
Have a wonderful sober day my friend!

4 Likes

Have a Beautiful weekend, Angel Friend! :innocent: :two_women_holding_hands:t2::people_hugging: Sending glorious, peaceful, deep sleep vibes :woman_in_lotus_position:t2::relieved::sleeping::zzz::heartpulse:

5 Likes

thank you so much love – just reading that made me yawn so THANK YOU!

will try to get some shut eye now :people_hugging: :sleeping:

3 Likes

Thank you all so much

2 Likes

@JazzyS thanks for your support and words. Being very honest I relapsed again two days ago. I couldn’t manage the pressure and the long to escape. Then I am in day 2. Pray for me

2 Likes

Hey Thomas - Welcome to your 2 days my friend. I was worried that the pressure at work was starting to become too much. Hopefully now you can see the warning signs and have an action plan of how to deal with the pressures. We both know that alcohol will not bring you any relief or peace.

Day 2 in the books!!! breathe deeply and do try to find a local sponsor that you can talk to when you find life becoming to lifey…I am very proud that you are back here and working on your sobriety again. Never give up on yourself.

3 Likes

@JazzyS I love you :people_hugging: thanks for being there. I am going to a retreat tomorrow. I asked for holidays. Three days. Thank you again. So many people here loves you

3 Likes

Okay, thank you!!!

1 Like

You are sweet Thomas - much love back to you my friend.
A retreat sounds amazing - just what the doctor ordered :smiling_face: Have a wonderful peaceful time!

If the retreat allows for cell service - do check in here and let us know how you are doing - Have a great evening.

3 Likes

@JazzyS I will check God’s willing, I need to do so. I feel accountable and listened

2 Likes

1,338 days. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes