How many days sober? Any issues

I have 6 months and three days clean. Not going to lie it was real easy till now. It’s like the longer I’m clean the more those thoughts of relapsing occur. In the beginning it was easy for me but once the fifth month came more crazy thoughts happened. Don’t get me wrong though I’m so happy I’ve came this far. I’m half way there. I just wanna know if this comes and goes or if it’s always going to be this way???..

5 Likes

I’ll agree with u on this one. I’m right over 8 months. I know what helps me is starting a new hobby. For me it’s riding a skateboard and playing drums. If I’m busy I’m ok. It’s when I have to much time to think is when I get antsy. Keep with it!!!

1 Like

Perhaps go there and explore? What are the crazy thoughts? If it’s drinking thoughts then you could “play that tape” to see where the drinking would /May lead you. For me, knowing that I cannot be my best self with alcohol and in fact something terrible could easily, eventually happen stops me from relapsing. The thoughts could present an opportunity to dig deep and reflect, use your tools to get through this. It’s a phase and being on the other side of it will make you stronger.

1 Like

I am sober now for 348 days.
Some days are easier than other days. This past weekend I found it to be very hard to stay sober and I had a lot of Temptations. I don’t know how, but I am still sober. Sometimes it is really hard and it seems really impossible to stay clean.
Life is like a roller coaster

3 Likes

It does get better! Ive noticed the longer ive stayed sober, the easier it has gotten. Now that doesnt mean i never think about a drink or drug, but its what i do with those thoughts. I definately dont act on them today. But if they get too bad, i tell someone. Some are just passing. Others stick and stay. And when they stick and stay, is when i need to do something about it. I also use distraction as a form of coping with the thoughts. I keep busy and stay busy, anything but using or drinking. Everyone has a bad day or month every now and then. I have 14 months and yes, i had a month where cravings were coming on like crazy. If i couldnt deal with them myself, i reached out and asked for help. Not once did anyone in my support group turn me away…

1 Like

Thanks so much I definitely will take your advice

Yes it definitely is a roller coaster