How this app is helping you in getting clean?

That’s true

This app makes me feel less alone in my struggles. Especially in the beginning, the people on here gave me tools and strategies to get through the early days.

Some gave me gentle love, others tough love and honestly, the tough love is what really made the strongest and most needed impact - it helped me immensely.

I’ve been on this app for over 3 years now. I’ve come, I’ve left, I’ve returned, I’ve failed, I’ve had victories and each and every time there is support and a feeling of belonging.

I’ve made some lifelong friends spread around the world. I’m forever grateful for stumbling across this forum :heartpulse:

6 Likes

I’d say I’m in the very early stages of sobriety and I have found this app hugely beneficial. I’d go as far as to say instrumental in keeping me going/accountable.
We all have different things that work, reading other people’s posts for example and finding myself hard relating has been really helpful, I think I echo what everyone else has said in the understanding this community shows. So much collective experience and wisdom.
However I’m not that great at articulating what’s happening for me so the Just for Fun threads have been ideal. I can keep my hand in and post about things I love (mainly music). And somehow that’s just how my brain works, everyday I don’t drink is another day I get to be a music bore. And I love that.

Edit. I should add I’m taking steps outside of this as well but I was writing specifically regarding the app.

1 Like

My recovery journey has been a very rocky one with many relapses. No one else here talks about my addictions(gaming and recreational technology) very actively. I’ve only done drugs twice in my life and only legal soft drugs. Though I disagree with the term soft as I felt horrible the second time. And I don’t struggle with alcohol. I hate smoking. I eat like shit, but that doesn’t have anything to do with addiction, just with ADHD/autism. So how then is this app helping me with recovery when there’s not many people who fully understand my addictions? Some might even think my addictions aren’t real.

So many differences. But also many important similarities. I’ve learned so much about addiction by spending time on here. During my many relapses, one thing has kept me sane. The simple act of checking in on here almost daily. There were always people who understood my issues even if they didn’t understand my specific addiction. Every time I open TS, I keep myself accountable. I’ve met people on here who I can safely call friends. I’m never alone in my fight. When I feel hopeless, there are always people who reassure me I’m not. There are always people to talk to. So many journeys to follow. So many people we can help, which helps us. TS is helping me getting clean by being an army of likeminded allies fighting this war with me.

2 Likes