How to deal with a partner that can't stay sober

Yes all we can do is pray. And it’s good that you’re developing a relationship with them and staying in the step children’s life. But in my case it’s hard to even associate at this point since he’s so deep in alcohol addiction at this point because if I deal with them then he finds a way to contact me verbally abuse me say I don’t care about him so I had to block and not talk to a lot of family members of his because they constantly three-way the cell phone calls after me saying I didn’t want to talk so sadly at this point I had to block all contact with his family and friends just for my peace

1 Like

That is hard. I know i might have to do that as well. I will if it gets worse

1 Like

I pray it doesn’t get worse because this position I’m in isn’t easy but my faith and the way I was raised by my parents (may they rest in peace :dove:)to not take sh**off of anyone keeps me strong but I wouldn’t wish this struggle on anyone so I pray it doesn’t get that bad for you :innocent:

Keep at it.
When he does hit rock bottom, if you can hold on that long, he will see your love for him

If he doesn’t see you, then that will be ok too
His journey will begin when it’s supposed to

1 Like

Thank you for your advice, yes I feel like he is at Rock bottom now job is in jeopardy kids and I are separated from him families are on my side now with telling him things need to change and to get treatment so he’s been coming around this week slowly but still has been drinking so it’s a lot easier to deal with and be supportive over the phone so I could protect my mental health as well

1 Like

When i hit rock bottom, i wasn’t even drinking, at that moment, i was 2 yr sober but i felt drunk. The rock bottom was, after Iraq, i almost injured my son. That is when i realized, i needed fixing
I was into self harm by volunteering for basic yet not exactly harmless tasks.
I pray for his rock bottom to come soon before he truly loses what matters most. His family

1 Like

Thank God for your rock bottom so you are the wonderful person that you are now, to give me such great advice. Thank you. And blessings to you and your kids and family :innocent:

1 Like