How to deal with stress of a long day

5th day of no drinking. Hasn’t been too hard so far. But I’m on vacation for one of my jobs, so this week is not a stressful week. I go back to work next week. I’m afraid of Tuesday. I start teaching at 7:50 am, and end my last class at 9 pm. After such a long day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I usually am very tired and very stressed, and feel I deserve a drink (or 4). I am a planner, and need to plan for Tuesday. Any ideas as to how I can de-stress Tuesday night?

May be try a meeting not for everyone and you will make new sober friends who you can phone make plans for maybe a coffee after work wish you well

3 Likes

In the beginning, I would plan something for right after work that would use up my time during the hard hours, 6-8 pm for me. I went straight from work to a restaurant for dinner, or even better a movie theater. Other nights I would give myself a shopping mission and go to the mall for a couple hours.

3 Likes

If you’re staying in a hotel like I used to for years on work travel - can workout and order delivery then shower and devour while watching tv comfortably. Lol rhyming.

1 Like

Unfortunately, in my town, the latest meetings are a 8:00, so I can’t go to one after teaching. But I’m going to my first meeting tonight. Maybe I’ll meet someone I can make plans with for Tuesday.

1 Like

I teach too. I come and recharge with a quick 20m lay down. Then I get up, have a cup of coffee and do some work!

Productivity is important. Fun is important. And it’s a whammy of you can find something thay helps you do both at once :fist:t3::fist:t3:

1 Like