How To Keep Busy; Quarantine Edition

I have to admit I’m going a bit nuts here the further we get into this quarantine. At first I was in shock and just stayed in my room all day every day. Well, then I went through a bored phase where I was doing a different activity per hour with my two year old. Now I’m going through a panic phase where I’m afraid the world is ending, that we are all gona get sick and die, that I don’t have my meetings and miss HUMAN CONTACT so bad. So I guess the reason for this post is I want to know how you all are keeping busy during this quarantine. Give me some hope and strength by sharing your wisdom so I don’t lose my mind!

I have attended a zoom meeting and was very impressed so I’m planning to do more. I should try to paint but I haven’t been inspired for a while now. I’ve gone for walks in the neighborhood, went shopping for crafts, etc. I’m just still so bored and you know what they say about idle hands… fml. I really was hoping the quarantine was going to be 15 days long not eight weeks. I don’t know what to do with myself and I have no clue how I’m gona make it. I have 373 days today it’s been eight days since my sobriety birthday and it feels like every day lasts a week.

3 Likes

I am bored out of my mind and lonely for adult interaction. I have 2 kids my daughter is 10 and my son 17. Yeah they are company for me and Lord knows they keep me busy, but it’s not the same as being out in the world. I am doing a lot of cooking and baking. I have been learning to make my own bread and baking all kind of treat. I’m gonna be a cow when this is all over. I usually spend 2 hours a day at the gym but can’t now , so I use my treadmill but the kids are always interrupting me. I’m staying sober and not even craving anything and thank God I’m on nalrrexone otherwise I would be stockpiling wine instead of toilet paper. Lol. I also do.1,000 piece puzzles to keep busy and I love doing them, keeps your mind sharp. I also constantly check my Facebook and Instagram just to see what everyone else is doing and they are doing the same. :grin: I hope you stay same through this and shout me up any time you want to talk. If you get bored enough look me up on Facebook, I constantly post recipes and recovery stuff. My fb name is Renee Winne Wood. :grin:

3 Likes

I also hit this feeling of complete loneliness today. I took my courage and admitted it to a friend over Skype call. Just saying out loud that I am feeling so sad and isolated helped a lot.
I have done zoom calls and played online games with friends. We have played Jackbox and scribbl. Simple but fun games and keep your mind occupied and give so needed laughs. The first week we did it almost every evening but then it kind of died down so today I took it upon myself to organize one and it was really good.
In addition, I do some youtube zumba glasses in my living room and read e-books.

2 Likes

I advise everyone to watch event 201 it is on youtube

The worst part of this shelter in place for me is that my very good friend is upset with me. She has ghosted me since Feb. 15th. We grew up together. It’s hard to make friends when you’re older. We don’t live in the same town, but used to talk on the phone/text all the time. She has done this with other people over the years, soooooo I’m really not surprised. Still, it’s difficult. I would really like to be able to talk with her during this ordeal. She has broken my heart. I reached out to her 4 times. The friendship is over.