How to Keep Moving Forward in my Sobriety

So I made week 1 free of oxycodone today but in the past when I’ve tried to go clean the 1 week mark had always been when I slip up. Any advice on how to NOT fail again? This is such a mental battke for me. I can handle the physical (well, sorta) but i get so caught up in my head and it becomes so hard to fight temptation. Even more difficult because my husband is also struggling with oxy (but he doesnt want to get clean now). I just dont know how to do this. I dont forsee long term sobriety.

Hey! Congratulations on one week!!
My best advice on how to not fail is…don’t decide to do the drug. Don’t take out money for it, don’t call anyone who has it (in fact, if you haven’t erased their numbers already, now would be a great time!) don’t even entertain the thought that you COULD do drugs…and also I wouldn’t even entertain the thoughts and subsequent thoughts regarding being sober forever. Just don’t use today. That’s it. Then maybe tomorrow look into attending some meetings or come on here and start developing a sober toolbox to help you when cravings hit. Lists you can make to substitute using for new activities etc…you never have to worry about forever…that’s too freakin stressful anyway! Just get through today and start working on you tomorrow. Good luck out there today.
Much Love,
Ely

Have you considered meetings, drug counseling or IOP?

1 Like