How to stay sober during coronavirus pandemic

I am starting my sober journey for real this time. I got rid of any leftover drugs and paraphernalia yesterday night and I’m 18 hours in. The struggle I’m running into is that there are no weekend meetings in my area due to the coronavirus pandemic and I cant do zoom meetings and intherooms won’t seem to work. I have a step work book but I’m wondering if focusing on recovery stuff is just making me have more cravings. Is it better to just distract myself at first with keeping busy rather than recovery reading? Or will the recovery reading make up for not attending a meeting? Any advice is appreciated. Thankyou.

I’m on day 30, and so far I’ve spent most of my time reading posts on here, some books about sobriety, and adding some walks into my days. There are so many great threads on here. The checking in daily one is really inspiring, not sure how to link to it.

1 Like

Are you using their newest app? Or do you use a laptop? I had problems on their old app but never had a problem with their site using my laptop.

Why not?

1 Like

Here’s the link: Checking in daily to maintain focus #19
The check in thread is a great form of accountability @AlessaSTARS

100%. I basically see it as my home group, and it’s open 24/7 :+1:

1 Like

My laptop is what I’ve tried and it gets stuck on the choose your fellowship page it acts as if I’m not choosing a fellowship. I didn’t know there was an app so I will def try that right now. Zoom doesn’t detect my microphone and/or camera for some reason it’s so frustrating.

1 Like

Thankyou for the advice so far everyone. It’s very encouraging.

You don’t have to choose a fellowship. Once you log into the site, go to video meetings at the top of the page. A list of meetings will come up and you can choose which one to attend. I’ve been to quite a few different meetings on that site and I prefer the woman in recovery meetings. What’s nice about those meetings, all addictions are welcome.

3 Likes