How was your day?

I’m on day 3 and it was much better than I’d expected. I woke up to find out I’d lost 0.6 lbs, got pretty caught up at work and had a good work out. I had a couple of cravings, one towards the end of the work day and another on my drive home from the gym but I made it here without stopping :hugs: I have a long way to go with my health and sobriety but today showed me that I’m strong and I’m capable.

11 Likes

I’m on day 14. I’ve been training for a half ironman race coming up in September, and yesterday I tore my calf muscle playing hide and seek with my 2 year old nephew. I can’t tell you how devastated I was. But…I didnt drink. Today I hobbled on crutches shopping for a house warming bbq my wife and I are throwing this weekend. I bought 3 bottles of wine for guests (no beer or liquor so I wont be tempted). It felt werid buying them, but I rather others drink and not me because I want to be present and stay proud of myself. I was more triggered to want to drink with losing my training than buying bottles for others. Maybe, this will be the time I do make 30. Actually my goal is 66 days, because I read it takes 66 days to change into a new habit. You are definitely strong. Keep it up at the gym, you’ll feel good and be proud. If the gym becomes boring down the road, be open to other avenues of exercise too. :wink:

8 Likes

The first few days to weeks are about using all of your time constructively so you have no time to think about anything else :joy:
Happy three days family! Day 21 here and it’s lovely to have my mind back.

3 Likes

I’m sorry about your leg bro :sob:
Congrats on your sobriety

It does get better. I know it’s easy for us who have been where you are to say this but it is true.
I know I felt exactly the same as you on day 3.
But over 8 months in and I can already see and feel the difference.
Keep doing it, one day at a time, and put some work into actually working on why you felt you needed the crutch and you too will notice in time.
Just look after yourself, and stick around on here.:grinning:

3 Likes

It will get better. There will be hard days, of course, but with time the hard days are fewer and farther between. I promise that.

2 Likes

My day was okay. It’s freakin hot as “h-e-double hockey sticks” here but I did spend some time outside. I went to the farmers market this morning which was really nice. Went out for dinner. Watched movies on tv. Overall a good day.

Hang in there Jenifer as it does get better. Keep it it going 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 day at a time. Soon you will start feeling so well and clear headed. It took me a bit but I’ve found a whole life I didnt know I could have.

2 Likes

My day was damn good. I got a new bowling ball for my son and one for myself along with a Arizona Cardinals 2 ball carrier. Had to hit the alley immediately after they were drilled for us. 5 games later and we both have adjustments to make with these balls but as always had some quality sober AF Fun!!!

2 Likes

Hey Amber,

how’s the calf healing?