How was your worst hangover?

You are not the idiot. You are the smart and healthy one.
Stay strong and sober. Hugs

2 Likes

Hey,

I had many bad physical hangover but the mental hungover were probably worse… I think that the worst one (at least the most memorable one) was when I woke up 26. 8. of last year and I felt awful in the every possible way :smile: It is my “rock bottom” story…
I was in my bed wearing the same clothes as the night before when I woke up about 6am. I went to the living room and found my boyfriend sleeping there on the air mattress. I remembered nothing (like for so many times before). I saw my pyjama which I was looking for in the middle of the night laying there on the sofa. My boyfriend told me that I was so drunk, that he couldn’t take me to our bedroom which is upstairs. So he inflated the mattress in the living room and tried to change me to my pyjama (unsuccessfully, obviously). I apparently got up and went upstairs to toilet n the middle of the night . This moment I remember a little bit, I needed toilet and didn’t feel well. Then I went automatically to the bed, looked for my pyjama, gave up and slept until the morning.
So I woke up to this story and my boyfriend told me that I also kept telling him that I hate him and I don’t know what else. Nothing nice though. although I was so nasty, he still looked after me, because he was worry how much drunk I was. It hit me hard. And still I managed to blame him, probably because I was so hungover, still a little bit drunk. I didn’t know how to take all the shame and blamed him that he had to do something bad to me saying such a thing. The rest of the day I spent dying. I felt sick for the whole day until the night. I couldn’t eat, neither drink. I couldn’t move, talk, I just laid down and felt wasted.
My boyfriend forgave me fast and I eventually apologised to him for all I did and said to him. It was the last bit for me that day and I didn’t drink since then :slight_smile: I hated who I was when I was drunk and I promised to myself not to become that person anymore because I don’t want to hurt people who I love (and who love me).
Now I feel more and more like myself with every new day when I am sober and I can’t recognise the personality I had when I used to drink. I was absolute stranger. It was the alcohol and depression behind all my acts and behaving. Thanks a god I am sober now and getting know my true self which is even more amazing than I could imagine. There is still a lot to discover and it’s the best adventure I am experiencing. It’s so easier to being fell in love with myself now.
Sobriety literally gave me all the things I was unsuccessfully seeking and looking for in the alcohol. How paradoxical is this… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One of the best parts of sobriety is the deeper you get into it, the harder it becomes to remember what being drunk or hungover felt like.

I can’t remember what my last hangover felt like. I know it must have been bad, because my last drinking day was bad enough that I said “never again”, and actually meant it.

3 Likes

I see others struggling with their hangovers and truly feel for them, remember every moment of a hangover then. Watch others drinking and see their behaviour, and remember what an arse i was, these things keep me going on my journey. What started as dry January is now on over 230 days.

3 Likes

Too many to narrow it down to just one. I would contemplate calling the ambulance or not on many occasions. Like Tom McDonald says in his song “i don’t drink” “everytime im hungover i convince myself im dying”

1 Like

the 1st hangover was my 1st time drunk and my 1st blackout

My last hangover i thought i had covid

My worst was alcohol poisening

Eeh no good

2 Likes

My worst hangover lasted for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I’m not exaggerating. And it didn’t keep me sober. But my last hangover did! Going on 23 months Sept 1!

4 Likes

It was my moms 60th birthday and we spent $500 on booze. I remember all the good stuff was gone and taking shots of liqueur as the sun started coming up :face_vomiting:.

I had a massive headache, alcohol emitting from my pores (I call this the alcohol glaze stench), and that wonderful flooding of saliva in my mouth to help lubricate the vomit that tried to come up. Felt pretty shitty for two days and I couldn’t even stand the smell of my own breath.

Good times…NOT!

3 Likes

Woke up in an ambulance.

There was no bad hangovers compared to the panic atacks that i had after the hangover phase pass…

1 Like

Hangovers consisted of severe anxiety but I went straight for the bottle again to ease it knowing full well that it wasn’t the answer.

My last hangover I was violently ill, I couldn’t keep anything down. Was up at 7am and it was a Sunday, half ten was probably the earliest I could get to an off licence (open at 12:30 on a Sunday but if you know somewhere you’ll get it, weekdays I could get in at 8:30)

So really sick and all I could think of was more vodka, really shows what this disease is like.

Was in hospital the next day!

All day dizzy I mean all day. Panic attacks. Feeling like I was stopping breathing. Couldn’t swollow food like my brain forgot how to. Heart burn. Anxiety. Itchy skin. Sweating. Bad guts. You name it

1 Like