Hurt and wanting to binge

Hey guys, quick summary again I have binge eating disorder since this will make this make more sense.

I slipped yesterday and slips make it easier to keep on slipping and today I want to binge badly. I vented about this to someone and he was like “well get over it I guess?” And it made me feel disrespected and alone and I’m just very sad right now and trying to stay strong.

1 Like

It hurts when we are looking for support and we don’t get it from someone close to us. I know how you feel. I had a very rare falling out with my brother recently over something I feel he should have supported me on as a family member. I don’t think he knows how much it hurt me and I will have to talk with him soon about how much trust I lost.

However, when it comes to addiction recovery I guess they always say that our journey has to be personal. We can talk to therapists and people in addiction programs but our family and friends can’t help us much. Maybe reach out to this forum (as you are now) instead or an in person program.

1 Like

Don’t feel sad .you’re STRONG .
you can do this just remember that a thought is just a thought let it pass
you can simply decide not to react , just let it pass like a dark cloud.

1 Like

Hey- I’m glad you had the strength to reach out and post about what your going through. Just remember you are very STRONG! You can do this! I have confidence in you:)

1 Like

It’s hard enough to battle addiction, and in my personal experience impossible without support from the right people. I can choose to not drink, but I can’t avoid food. I can’t imagine how hard that is. I wish you all the best, and pray you find all of the support you need during your struggles.

1 Like

Thank you guys. The support helps. I had a few pieces of fruit and the urge is still there but it’s less so. I’m trying to remind myself of my goals and how binging will feel good for a very small while but it will feel bad in the long run.

I struggle with binge eating too. If you ever want to talk you are more then welcome to private message me. We can support one another. :blush:

1 Like

That sounds great, thank you so much!

1 Like

You are strong you can do this

Truly my pleasure. It’s so hard to resist temptations but we got this! :muscle: