Hurtful Conversation

So I was just taking to my dad and he told me at his therapist appointment today she said she thinks Im going to fail cause I didn’t get treatment and she thinks Ill end up back with my boyfriend using soon, it really hurt my feelings im on day 25 he’s on day 9 and it just really knocked me down.:pensive:

1 Like

People are idiots and what they think is none of your business.

I am sorry you were hurt by the conversation. Really, people can be clueless and quite selfish. Carry on your merry way to day 26 and beyond. Your sobriety is not determined by your father’s therapist.

13 Likes

I agree with @EarnIt!
You’re doing great!!! Keep your head up!

6 Likes

That therapist is an idiot and your dad should keep his negative bs to himself. I’m mad for you. I’m nice that way.

3 Likes

Thank you i really like this she doesn’t know me i don’t know her so you’re right none of my business at all!!

2 Likes

Thank you I really am trying it just hurry cause since i did it on my own i thought maybe i didn’t get all the tools from treatment and that statement made me nervous!

Haha thank you! Ill just have to prove them wrong!!

3 Likes

You have to do the work by yourself but this community is very helpful…so you are NOT alone!

1 Like

I’ve a good one to sent them when you’re at the point you can prove them you’re strong and smart enough!!!

8 Likes

You’re right I feel I have a lot of really helpful people here who help me more than people Ive known forever and when Im done Ill come here :heart:… awesome lol ill use it!

1 Like

Don’t take it to heart, that is an opinion and like the telephone game, by the time you heard it who knows how accurate it is anyway. She hasn’t even met you! But one thing I know for sure is you NEVER have to take others opinions on as your own.

I have not followed a program and I am on day 380 today, it CAN be done. But, if on your journey you find you need to try a program to stay sober, do it! I went to a handful of meetings with a girlfriend and I really did enjoy them.

Do whatever it takes to be sober every single day and work on you in the process. Use their shitty opinions as fuel and beat this because you are worthy of a beautiful, sober life! :heart:

6 Likes

Yeah you’re right, Im not going to let this bring me down and start believing this myself it will only hinder me, my question though is Im here living with my parents who are divorced and it is really unhealthy in that they scream and fight every day they’ve been helping with my bills but Im looking for a new job and I don’t know do i stay living here or go back with my boyfriend who had gotten clean as well?

So, keep in mind if the house is feeling hostile, his opinion likely has much more to do with the place he is in than it ever was about you. But, truly, this is only a question you can answer. Do whatever it takes to maintain your sobriety for you love.

2 Likes

Thank you I just need to hear that sometimes they all expect me to fail and it sucks, and its not like a little arguement here and there they literally scream at the top of their lungs at each other so i just feel confused, Im praying for answers thank you for your kind words :heart:

1 Like

I think it’s wrong of your dad to have shared that if it’s true. You doing ok?

1 Like

They overshare way too much i wouldn’t want anyone to hear their vulgar fights and they put all their problems on me, why didn’t i save their marriage lol it’s awful…im doing better remembering she doesn’t know me im a better person for never giving up on people and building them up!

2 Likes

In my early recovery if i cared what others thought i woulda said “fuck it!” since they still think im a junkie after 3 months clean why not take another hit. I had to get outta that thinking as it caused relapse ideas. So i just build on myself and prove them wrong. Im grateful for the second chance i was given to prove myself. As addicts trying to recover we are warriors. Other addicts in denial are just peasents standing the sidelines…

2 Likes

Honestly that was my first thought too fuck it what’s the point, but I came here posted and got some really good words of encouragement and Im really glad I did! I dont need their negativity so Im just letting it in one ear and out the other!

1 Like

Just prove her wrong! :facepunch:

1 Like

What he said :wink:

1 Like