I almost had a year

I think that maybe distancing myself isnt a good idea, and i do well when i am using tools, such as this app. I dont know what happened. I just went for it and now i feel like shit.
So sad
And dissapointed
I want to feel good again. Nothing makes me feel better than sobriety.
I just need to get back on top again.

8 Likes

And you can! I totally get that ur down and disappointed. Its natural to feel this way especially when u know in ur heart that u feel better in recovery. Addiction is cunning, baffling, and powerful. Addiction basically waits for that small crack in the door to let itself in. Thats why they say we have a daily reprieve from our addiction. We have to work on it every day to keep our addiction at bay bcuz it literally waits for that opportunity to sneak its way in. Stay connected to us and try not to let urseld stay discouraged too long. I know its hard but feeling this way only feeds the negative thoughts of self doubt and self hatred etc. These are things that addiction likes. Pick urself up and figure out ur plan on what to do moving forward! A daily recovery routine maybe? Maybe some exercise if u dont already. Or recovery literature. Whatveer u think would help :slight_smile: i have total faith that u can get back ur time and much more!

5 Likes

I never thought about addiction just waiting for a crack in the door. Im so done letting it in. I feel so regretful today.
I do have some good routines, and honestly i have done so good this year! I have worked out regularly and even lost 60lbs! I could definitely work on being more connected here, because it really helps.
I think what triggered all of this is the fact that Iā€™ve been sick for days. I cannot stand being bed ridden. But i need to rest. I appreciate your words, thank you

6 Likes

I hate sickness too as my physical activity is very much part of my sobriety routine. Iā€™m so glad you are here. Iā€™ve always appreciated your contributions. Lean on some of your sober friends in real life. This journey is not meant to do alone.

3 Likes

You will be smarter this time around from the bad experience. I know when I donā€™t spend time here my sobriety weakens but this is pretty much all I have for interaction with others in a sober community. When you feel your sobriety weakening double the amount of work youā€™re putting into it. Best wishes to you.

7 Likes

DANCINGWHEEL isnā€™t it just but it keeps on turning, we live we learn and off we go again.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Movement has been a huge part of sobriety for me tooā€¦

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

No kidding. Just dust myself off and do better.

2 Likes

I made it through the day. Had a good nap, watched christmas movies and laughed a lot. I believe in myself. I am not where i want to be but, im definitely not where i used to be. I have come far despite the small bumps in the road

8 Likes

Yes, and you have a lot to offer this community, truly. So glad you are here.

2 Likes

So glad to hear you made it through the day, this is great.

You can do this, your already doing it.

Incase things get tough hereā€™s the code for an AA meeting on zoom thatā€™s its on 24, hrs 7 days a week so you can join anytime.
You can even have your audio and camera off and just listen in from the background. No one will know your there.

Iā€™m proud of you for coming back and Iā€™m proud of you for making it through today :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I almost had a week. Only a week and i gave in. Im so disappointed in myself too. But today im moving forward and i think i learned from this slip. Again, i cant have 1 drink. Im not a normal drinker.

Not even one. But heres to waking up without a hangover. Or worse, a shameover. :smile:

What did you learn, Liz, and what are you going to change going forward to stay sober? Rooting for you!

1 Like

I know the feeling. Everyone thinks i have 90+ days.ive hit it so mant times. Well certain people. But ive relapsed so many times. Yesterday on some pills i found on my carpet and i could have flushed them but didnā€™t. Im om day one twice this week. Its been hard. The hatred i have for myself is never ending. I hope yoy find your way amd everything veys begyer

2 Likes