I am 30 days today

30 days today, and I haven’t been more proud of a decision that I’ve made. Sure, it hasn’t been easy, especially on those days where the weather is absolutely beautiful, and sitting out with a cocktail would be so nice, but is it worth it to me? Absolutely not. It’s the best feeling not waking up anymore hungover. It’s the best feeling not waking up anymore being told the embarrassing things I did/ said. It’s the best feeling knowing I’m taking control over my life, and I won’t let alcohol win. I don’t comment in this group as much as I should, but I do read posts, and it’s helped me so much. Just know I’m so thankful for all of you :blue_heart:

15 Likes

Great job! Happy for you!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Congrats! Keep adding those sober days

30 days is wonderful and I know what it takes to get there! That is a lot to be proud of. :heart:

When I was able to understand that all I was missing in those beautiful days (which in Florida is almost every one) was hangovers, anxiety, shame, bad decisions, etc etc. With sobriety I gain so much more. The reality of drinking vs the fantasy of how fun or relaxing it is, well, that mind shift helps immensely. Just something to ponder as you move thru your journey. :heart::hugs::heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations!! 1 month is an amazing achievement. Keep up the hard work :muscle:

1 Like

good job keep it up!

Great work! Congratulations on 30 days!!! :clap:t2::partying_face:

Congrats Nicole! It feels nice doesn’t it?

Happy for you :innocent: