I’am back & I'm determined to stay in recovery now

Hi Everyone
I m back so any support idea’s would be appreciated, recovery here I come I’ve tried doing it by myself which resulted in me yo-yoing along but not getting anywhere… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray::pray:

4 Likes

Welcome back!

Having support is key. I tried on my own for years and nothing worked because I was only accountable to myself.

All that changed when I landed here and became active. Be active here, read a lot, comment, find people you connect with and relate to. Check in on the daily check in thread.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #40

2 Likes

Welcome back! I’m glad you decided to give it another go, and are ready to get better at getting better!

I would highly suggest that you make a visit here at least daily. I have, pretty much every day for 1573 days. I also happen to have 1573 days of unbroken sobriety, which I don’t think is coincidental.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome back!

My suggestion is like the previous poster, come here every day and check in. Personally, I also would recommend a program like AA or NA, SMART Recovery or Recovery Dharma all of which have online meetings. Try to attend at least one a day if not two.

2 Likes

This place has kept me sober through a lot of cravings.

I also remind myself that as good as it sounds i was at the point where i got no joy at all from being high, it was a waste of time

At first i only could see myself trying for 30 days though it feels far away. Now i am at 20 days and 60 feels more possible. There are times its worth goimg five minutes at a time.

1 Like