I am new at talking to anyone about my problems and struggles

Hi my name is Gage. I really don’t know how to express how I feel and all of that. I have always tried to take care of my problems myself. I always thought if I could get myself in the problems I ended up in I can figure out how to get myself out of them myself. But after 2 prison sentences 5 and a half years I can’t get back behind bars and away from my family all because of the decisions I chose to make. I have been a addict for about 13 years and I have a son now. The most important part of my life. I went to rehab for me and my family was doing good. But just like always I went back around all friends and old places and things. Now I’m back to where I started living in the definition of insanity. I just want a normal life like my grandparents had. Worried about paying the bills on time not spending the money for the bills on my next fix. I’m sorry I’m rambling. Like I said I never done this before and talked about my problem’s but thank you for listening.

5 Likes

Reaching out is always a good sign.
Understanding WHY you want to stop is even better !
Making an effort to do so is best of all, so I’m glad that you’re here, and I hope that you’ll check in regularly.
I certainly try to, and I find that it helps me. I’ve only been using this app for 22 days, but, as the saying goes, it’s a “one day at a time” kind of thing.

3 Likes

Hey man. Welcome. I’m glad you shared. It’s a pretty big deal to reach out and ask for help. I was the same way. I was a man and could take care of myself. I drank alone so I sure as hell was gonna quit alone. Well I found out that I couldn’t. I didn’t know how quit.

I found out that it’s takes an alcoholic/addict to help another alcoholic/addict. Someone who has been there. Someone who understands the lonelyness and utter defeat of addiction.

So you’re in the right place. This app is a great tool for strength expirience and hope. I’ve gotta get to work but I’m sure you will get some replies. Just keep coming back. Check in often.

Talk soon
Gabe

3 Likes

This is a great start. I kept my addiction hidden for years. Until the end there was no hiding the fact. My personal experience I try to not focus on what others have (like your grand parents) but to find peace in what you still have. Is it hard at times to not carry the guilt and shame. yes it was so hard. But guilt and shame serve no purpose. I could go on and on but I have learned not everyone is quite ready to hear it. So in regards to that. What do you do for your sobriety/recovery? What are you willing to do? How much value would you put on finding a new way to live?

Your doing a great job of opening up and recognising that you have a problem most of all that it’s your choices that you made that got you back here you my friend hAve the power of choice to stop again grab life by the nuts n live that simple but exciting life. All you have to do is take that first step, been kind to yourself you will do it if you really want to xx