I am Ready

It’s been 5 Months and 2 Days sober for me and I honestly can say that I’ve never felt so alive and free! Today I decided to transfer back to my original work site. For the past year I’ve been staying at a Hotel and working at my company’s main facility during the week and head back home on the weekends. Ever since I’ve gotten sober, I went back from time to time to drop off parts. I’ll stay around a bit longer and shoot the shit with my old coworker’s who know I’ve stopped drinking. They are very happy for me. I’m very fortunate to have all of there respect.

While I was on break today, I took stock of my situation and just made the decision to go back. I’m in a secure, steady relationship, I’m rejoining the National Guard and my little sister is pregnant and plans to move back in with my mother. These past 5 months in semi solitude really helped me out tremendously and now is the time to head back to my original job site. There is a lot of work to be done there still and I know my Supervisor’s there really need my assistance.

I’m going to lead by example and show a tremendous amount of discipline. My focus now is to get back into shape and keep my girlfriend and her kid content and happy. This will be the third time I join the National Guard again and this time around I’m going to do things right and I know now that staying sober is key to all this. All it takes is that First Drink and I’ll lose everything again and I know it.

Thank you Lord for giving me the chance to learn this on my own. Thanking you Lord for giving me a 3rd chance. I know many, many people are not as fortunate. I will live and lead by example and will remain forever humble. I’ll never forget where I came from. Thank you all for letting me express myself on here. It means the world to me. Love you all! ^.^

10 Likes

Nice positive post,its important that people share their success stories o here so it’s not all doom and gloom and shows new members that there is life after addiction.
Thanks for sharing m8. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great share buddy.
Thank you for your positivity.
:metal:

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind words. Means a lot to me.

1 Like