I am sad, I guess

I am sad. Again. My daily mood changes got worse. Again. I question everything and everyone. Even if I should post this topic cause I only get positive topics and I think I am doing this wrong. And I don’t want to bother anyone. Many people don’t know how to react and help when they hear about a person wanting to kill themselves.
I just hate my life so much.

7 Likes

I mean life went good and now I am sad. I don’t really know what’s going on and sometimes I don’t even care. On one day I love myself and on the other I hate me. I guess this is normal? I don’t even know anymore

3 Likes

It is perfectly normal to be sad and have up and down days. And this is a good place to express yourself. :heart:

8 Likes

The positive posts are nice, but it seems to me that your post is just as desired and important, probably more so.

I do the same thing, you know. I’ve only posted 2 topics on this forum because the majority of my thoughts always seem to focus on despair, fear, worry… Even worrying about whether or not anyone will give a shit about the depressed girl who has nothing bright and happy to say.

You think no one on here wants to hear about your problems and your sorrow, but that’s not true. I do. And I know I can’t be the only one. I know how it feels to want to die, to have no hope in any foreseeable future. If you want to talk about it, I’ll be here. And I’m sure there are many others on here who care, too. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Ditto well put luv well put :pray::pray:

3 Likes

Things will get better

2 Likes

I would modify this to: are you seeing a therapist? It sounds like you need someone to talk to and listen to you!

I’m in therapy myself, am no stranger to heavy depression and suicidal ideation and it does help majorly in the long run to explore what’s up, what makes you hate yourself, and eventually why you used.
In the meantime, what helped me in my darkest times (not that I always or even often managed to get it, but you are more outgoing than me, it seems, already posting about it on the forum!:+1:): connection connection connection. Go out into nature and look around, breathe deep, connect with it. Write to one friend and exchange some honest words or meet them for coffee and be open about your struggles. Don’t expect them to solve your problems, but just share that you’re having a hard time, that you dislike yourself. Also choose the person wisely, you can’t afford much more negativity right now like being turned down. And tell us or someone here, what’s going through your mind? What’s up? So far you’ve just said you have good and bad days. Well, everybody has those. And a lot of people also struggle with self doubt, depression, self hate. It’s not exactly “normal”, but it’s a part of many many people’s lives. Which mean you can learn to live with it and learn from it and grow through it. You can.
It’ll help to get down to what it is you are concerned with. The troubles won’t just go away or stop. You’ll have to work through them one way or another. And you have help and can get more help.

Edit I just saw somewhere else you are in therapy, so that’s great. It takes time to start making changes in yourself through therapy as I’m sure you know, but keep going, don’t miss sessions, take it serious, it’ll get better if you put the work in. In the meantime, as I said, try to connect to someone else, to nature, to yourself or to a higher power if you are blessed to already have one. It’s the only thing I know that relieves the pain. Best of luck!

5 Likes

I’m sorry that you feel sad. I completely understand and can relate exactly to how you are feeling. I just wanted you to know that I’m thinking of you and you’re not alone. There is some really good advise above that I will 100% reiterate… you aren’t always going to feel this way, therapy saved my life… keep going my friend, we got you x

3 Likes

I have struggled with depression since I was 20. I’m 43 now. I have been on and off meds at different times of my life. I had post partum depression after my first child. I would highly recommend seeing your doctor and seeing what medication may help. If you are already on medication, maybe it’s time to switch or add something else or increase a dose. But please have a conversation with your doctor about this.

1 Like

It is better to express sadness here than bottle it up. There are always people to listen. Only an expert can tell u if these are the regular ups and downs of life or something that needs extra help.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling sad, yes it’s totally normal. One of the things I learned in therapy is that it’s ok to be sad. I would be so hard on myself for feeling that way, like it was wrong or something. So, when I feel sad, I recognize that it’s ok, it’s how I behave due to sadness that is changing. Thanks for coming here to share with us. It helps us as much as it helps you :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Have you been seen by a doctor? You sound clinically depressed.

Don’t feel sad :frowning:

Try doing little things though out the day that make you feel proud

Don’t let being sad interfere with life. It’s normal to feel sad sometimes. I’m always reminding people of their human instancts when their emotions are powerful.

Smile my friend :slight_smile: it’s ok and we are here when you need to talk

1 Like

My gosh!!!

There are so many people on here who will openly listen to your low feelings. Me being one of them… I put a post up saying everyone deserves to be heard and say how they feel as there will be someone who can connect to the emotions you are feeling.

I’ve committed suicide I thank my body it didnt give up where my mind did, you are not alone and one of the ways I am coming out of the suicide ideation was by going to get medical support(crisis team) I sat in a room after the incident feeling like the moment they let me out I’m gonna try again, the one person who stopped that thought was a nurse who held my hand and asked me why?

Why do you think it’s better not to be here??
Why do you think you shouldnt be here ??

You are not a burdern and you are worth so much more than those thoughts that pull you into such a low mood.

You may not feel loved, you may feel there is no return for you but there fucking is… I promise you that.

4 Likes

Hi @TamTam this is EXACTLY the place to let it all out and talk about what you’re going through. I myself have shared so many things that I have gone through and no one has ever made fun of me or made me feel stupid. We are all going through hard stuff at different times and the coolest part is that we don’t have to do it alone anymore. This forum is the perfect place to open up and be yourself without being judged ever. I’m really glad you’re here and I’m proud of you for reaching out!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes