I apologize

To those of you who flagged my posts when I was posting after falling off the wagon - and anybody else who found it inappropriate- I apologize. Of course now I realize what a trigger that would be and how it’s not okay. I didn’t mean to be offensive, was just reaching out. I am new to the community. Someone pointed out that I should be in the “relapse” thread instead. Hope you guys will still have me here. Will try to use better manners. Please forgive.

Jessica

16 Likes

Dont worry about it we are not perfect here, were here to help each other, relapsing will happen, welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Owning up to it is a huge step. I would hope no one holds it against you, especially bc I can tell you genuinely want help. We’ve all made mistakes so I definitely won’t judge. I hope you’re doing better now

6 Likes

Nothing you have done will get you much more than a warning. We want to watch you succeed. You’re always welcome here.

7 Likes

Judgement free zone here as far as I’m concerned. You came to place where you felt safe to speak about what’s hurting you. Keep coming back :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Live and learn. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

It is an opt in spot so people don’t stumble into all the triggering posts. Sorry you weren’t told or shown the area sooner.

It is the category seeking help. I will attempt to post a link.

2 Likes

I’m new and didn’t know about this either. Heck, I just learned that there are different areas last night!

I’m just glad you came back when you were hurting and needed help. Please keep doing that. And thank you for teaching me something!

3 Likes

I can absolutely see how it would trigger others!!! I joined the group in case I need it in the future. I had to search for the group and then join it otherwise it’s private.

Jessica

1 Like

Thanks I found it and joined but that might be helpful for others.

Jessica

1 Like

It’s ok. This place is a new, different, and constantly changing society with different cultural rules, that take some getting used to.

Some get triggered and/or offended by comments, others don’t. I read your flagged comment and thought, “she needs this place, and these people”.

Me? There isn’t anything a person could write here, that would get me to ever drink again. Sober is who I am, now. This is different for everyone. I can’t forgive you, because there’s nothing for me to forgive. Welcome to the forum. You can live sober, if it is what you want. For me, it is the difference between life and death, eternal salvation or torment. It means that much to me.

8 Likes

Thanks! I look forward to saying sober is who I am now. That’s how it is with my parents and I’m trying to spend more time with them. For now I am still having the mental obsession but I am getting to the root of the problems and surrendering to the Lord. It is a daily thing for sure.

Jessica

3 Likes