I can do this. 1/365

First day sober from alcohol and drugs, I haven’t been sober since I was 15 and I’m now 21. I’m positive but so harsh on myself so I’m expecting the worst, but I want this so bad. One day at a time is how I’ll take it for now, I need to be kind to myself.

27 Likes

Welcome to the forum Kennedy! You can do this. Read as much as you can and stick around.

2 Likes

Welcome to the crew! Glad your here and it sounds like you got you’re mind set. Don’t be afraid to reach out if you need to talk!

2 Likes

Welcome!! i am so happy you are here! Read, post, and just hang out everyday. I was you 2 months ago and never thought I would be where I am at now. You can to!

2 Likes

You’ve come to the right place! So much goodness here :grin: tons of supportive people and inspiring stories, plus practical tips and information. Glad you’re here!

4 Likes

Welcome! So many helpful, sober people here. I can tell you DO really want this. And you CAN have it. Stick around…read…share…

2 Likes

The fact that your 21 and realizing there’s more to life than using is a big accomplishment I wish I could of done that! You got this great job!!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words, I didn’t expect anyone to comment back but it really does make a difference to see all the positivity.

3 Likes

Head up. One foot in front of the other. Stay strong. Think clear. You GOT THIS!!!
Positive vibes. This forum is amazing if you need help!

1 Like

It can be difficult, but it can be done. 1 day at a time has gotten me where I am today, 1160ish days sober, living the life I day dreamed about for years.

Have a plan, the addict/drunk in you will come calling. Friends you used and drank with will come calling. It’s so easy to pick back up, it’s a habit, time to form new habits.

Faith without works is dead, don’t just plan to do something you’re thinking about, jump in and do it.

Glad you found this place, it’s been a vital part of my sobriety, made a bunch of friends, people here understand the bullshit that is addiction like not many do. Hope to see you become part of the family.

3 Likes

Congratualtions on making the greatest decision of your life at such a young age. You’ve got this!! This forum will help tremendously. Remember the first step is the only one you have to get 100% right. One day at a time. In addiction you gave up everything for one thing, now you’re going to give up one thing to have everything. Practice the principal of HOW, with all the suggestions you receive. Some will work for you, others may not. You only have to be Honest (with yourself) Openminded (to giving trying them before you decide they wont work for you) and Willing (to give them a chance to work) HOW. You’ve got the right mindset, you’ve got the support, you’ve got the suggested path, now keep kicking ass. #wedorecover

3 Likes

Welcome Kennedy! I wish you well on your journey. There’s so much to read and learn here, you’ve come to a great place that’ll help you a lot if you use it. Hope to read from you again soon! :muscle::blue_heart:

2 Likes